Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Ebook cover

easyrider
Trust:

Ebook cover

Does anyone know how I can design an ebook cover cheaply, without having to spend big money on a graphic designer?
Greg

essexboyracer
Trust:
Install Inkscape. Its opensource, so its free. Spend an afternoon using it and getting to know it, its fairly easy to use.

1. Create the actual cover image, photo, text etc.
2. Use the handles to skew and rotate the image created to an angle, like a 3d Book
3. create two extra rectangular vectors to represent the spine and top side

Here is a quick 5 minute example http://berkhamsted-web-design.co.uk/wp- ... -ebook.png

pm me if you want the original svg file
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could use this software: MyEcoverMaker

Feedback on this can be found on this thread: Free online ebook cover creator - check it out

There are also some info on other softwares on this threads:

How can I create a Book Cover picture for my e-Book in my Pg

Where To Find Ebook Covers and Signatures
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

thel.online.ph
Trust:
You don't have to spend money to pay for a graphic designer to design your Ebook cover. Actually, you can do it yourself using Photoshop.

First, have your template ready. Then, open Photoshop, and create your cover image. Use your template to make it fit for your final work size. Once you have your cover ready, merge all layers and open your template which already contain the shape of your ebook cover. Drag and drop your cover to the template and press Cmd+T to resize it while holding the shift key down. In order to finish your ebook cover, you need to distort the cover to make it fit the template shape. Select Edit - Transform - Distort. Don't forget to set the opacity to 100% when you finished resizing.

And there you have it.
wollowra
Trust:
You can also go to places like fiverr.com or tenbux.com and get one done.
But if you want some really high level stuff done it may cost a little bit more.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

easyrider
Trust:
Thanks everyone. I will have a look at these products and choose the best one for the job.
Greg

samuel 45
Trust:
Another open source product is Gimp 2. It is free and compares to photo shop. I designed an eBook cover for Kindle sales. ANY product you use will take some practice before you actually do your cover.

Good Luck!

This topic was started on Sep 14, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.