Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Dreamweaver Issues

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

Dreamweaver Issues

Anyone else have this problem? It's extremely annoying and difficult to work with....

When working in design view in Dreamweaver, I can see the updates I am making.... however as soon as I close the file, or the program, and then re-open it, my page is just blank in design view.... and only shows the text in code view.... what the heck is going on? I fixed it once just by restarting the program a million times but that isn't working now...
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
sorry Adrian, I've never had that problem with DW but I would imagine design mode uses more RAM than code mode... maybe you have too many windows or applications open while designing?

PC
stevenar
Trust:
is it happening to all your pages or just the one
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Just the one I use for a photoshop design.... now it decided to work again? No PC it woudlnt' be ram.... i have plenty :)
stevenar
Trust:
lol weird i have no idea why thats happening
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
adrian wrote:Just the one I use for a photoshop design.... now it decided to work again? No PC it woudlnt' be ram.... i have plenty :)

still... have you noticed the problem occur when Photoshop was open too? I'm still thinking dedicated graphics memory, maybe something on the graphics card is going. Even some dust has caused problems like lag working in Photoshop and my Corel Draw on mine.

Good luck with it, it does sound aggravating.

PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
promocode wrote:
adrian wrote:Just the one I use for a photoshop design.... now it decided to work again? No PC it woudlnt' be ram.... i have plenty :)

still... have you noticed the problem occur when Photoshop was open too? I'm still thinking dedicated graphics memory, maybe something on the graphics card is going. Even some dust has caused problems like lag working in Photoshop and my Corel Draw on mine.

Good luck with it, it does sound aggravating.

PC

Nope only dreamweaver was open........... I decided to redo everything and now it works...... very weird......... no dust either... just used an air can on the machine :wink: