Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Domain Transfer Or Not

kiwiboy
Trust:

Domain Transfer Or Not

Good morning all!

I am having another crack at it! lol

I am wondering whether to do a domain transfer or to just change my namservers to my new hosting account.
Will this have effect on the serps, I have put some good effort into seo and am on page 2 and don't wish to risk loosing any placement...

Thanks for reading...

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Kiwiboy,

Transferring domain does not affect SEO. You can safely transfer your domain over to a different registrar, just make sure that when you initiate the transfer, the name server is set to your webhost's NS and not the NS of your new registrar.

Please note that 'transferring' a domain is different from 'switching' hosts. When we say domain transfer, we're just moving the registration of the domain from one registrar to another (e.g. from GoDaddy to NameCheap).
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

kiwiboy
Trust:
Hey Mike,

Oh I see, and that is what I would like to do, is switch hosts? is that a bit more complicated or is just switching nameservers ok?

Thanks Bro!

faradina
Trust:
Hi Kiwiboy,

Changing the nameservers, so that they point to your new hosting service, is all that you need to do. Of course if your site already has content on it, you will first have to backup everything before changing the nameservers so that you can recreate your site on the new server.

This topic was started on Nov 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.