Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Domain instead of IP in the browserbar

1vers0n
Trust:

Domain instead of IP in the browserbar

Hi,

I tried to find a solution on this problem, but without any success. I changed the Nameservers of my domain to my hosting site ns1.nameserser.com and ns2.nameserver.com.

Now the site is online, but when I open the site via the exact domain name wwww.Domain.org it shows me the IP Adress instead the domain in the browserbar.

Is their a adjustment in cPanel necessary or in my domain manager?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this stupid question but I'm a bloody newbie in IM ;-)
essexboyracer
Trust:
There is something odd going on with your cPanel hosting and DNS, I would contact your hosting provider first.

If not,
Can you confirm it is www.domain.org you are typing and not wwww.domain.org
Does typing in domain.org work (without www.)?
Did you enter an IP address in any configuration script for whatever content management system you are using?
What is the domain name, maybe we can help a little further
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

It's possible that your A record is setup incorrectly and/or is missing an ip - domain match. This is something that only your registrar and host can help you with.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

1vers0n
Trust:
This problem is solved, it worked after I changed the DNS correctly. Tooked some hours, but their were no changes of the A Record required.

Strange things with all this confusing technical issues :-)

Thanks for your help and a happy new year

This topic was started on Dec 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.