Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Can I publish while building ?

mrgarel
Trust:

Can I publish while building ?

Hi guys,

I'm new at all this and I need to know if I can publish my site to the web as I'm building it to be sure I'm building it right as I go along? Or is it an absolute must that I complete it first?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Websites are always works in progress, so yes! Publish away! Chances are nobody will be stopping by to look at it until you start promoting it anyway.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

mrgarel
Trust:
Great! Thanks for the timely reply.
wollowra
Trust:
Yeah Aletta is spot on.
Unless you have been building link backs to your site or submitting articles etc, for traffic, which is unlikely.. no one is really going to land on your page. It take a while for you to move up the SE's pages anyway.
However If you have all the articles then you can put what you have on your site as long as all the site navigation and links are ok, then start building links. if you have 30 articles that should only take a day to put up.. then build your links.

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It would be good to publish your site to start the domain's aging process. Search engines tend to trust sites that are older which means that publishing your site early will help it rank faster.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Mar 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.