Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affilotheme - Disappointing!!!

emaildkennedy
Trust:

Affilotheme - Disappointing!!!

Hi everyone, i've come to the end of my patience with Affilorama and especially Affilotheme.

Does anyone actually use this theme? it seems to be full of problems and the forum doesn't appear to be updated very often or mainly used by people who have only started out.

My biggest gripe is related to validation errors, if anyone is using affilotheme, they should check the validation on their site. I got an incredible 131 errors on my site using this theme. Switching back to another theme has reduced that to 2 errors but i've been told the theme is incomplete or badly written.
emaildkennedy
Trust:
Just a quick update, i'm down to 32 validation errors now and my blog page sidebar is now at the bottom of the page.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
What method are you using to validate your blog's HTML coding and its CSS coding?

When a major layout misbehavior occurs, like the sidebar moving to the bottom of the page, it usually means something critical has been added or deleted. Maybe a div tag was added or deleted, such that the opening div tags are no longer matched by the closing div tags.

If you edited the HTML or CSS inside some code validator, that may have caused some damage.

Less often, this can be caused by some HTML block which is too wide to fit being added into the sidebar, like a table with a forced width.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
emaildkennedy
Trust:
Thanks your reply Joe, are you using affilotheme? If you are, is your website validating?

For the sidebar issue: I have checked all the code in the posts first since it is only the blog page that has this problem. Nothing wrong there. Next was the CSS but nothing wrong there either. I haven't changed any php code so i'm a little mystified at to why this is happening.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
You didn't answer my question. What code validator are you using to test the CSS coding and HTML coding in your affilotheme implementation please?

_jim coe
emaildkennedy
Trust:
http://validator.w3.org/
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I see, thanks for that.

I just ran the latest version (11) of my professional CSE Validator Pro program against my affilothemed blog for the Affiloblueprint workshop.

It generated 1 "error":
This document contains 1 CDATA section. CDATA sections should not be used in HTML (except in foreign content like "math" and "svg"), but may be used in XHTML (though it is not recommended due to poor browser support and due to other complications).

This has not caused any problems I'm aware of.
So, I don't see any real problems with the Affilotheme code.

My guess is that you had installation or editing problems of some kind.

For comparison, I also ran the CSE validator against my latest blog, which uses one of the best commercial, professional themes I'm aware of: The StudioPress "Genesis" framework and "Eleven40" child theme. It showed 3 "errors".

For another comparison, I ran CSE against a very simple (4 page) WordPress blog I did for a client, using the default "Twenty Eleven" theme (created by the WordPress developers) found in the latest versions of WordPress. It generated no "errors".

Bottom line for me is that I'm not at all disappointed in the Affilotheme. On the contrary, I'l learning a lot from it.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
I personally haven't tried validating AffiloTheme yet, but based on other responses it seems AffiloTheme isn't the issue, or at least isn't the issue on it's own.

Perhaps another plugin you have installed is causing the issues? In some way conflicting with AffiloTheme.
Try disabling all plugins, then if the site has no issues, activate them one by one and see which is causing the problems. If the problems persist after disabling all plugins, I really don't know, perhaps try a fresh installation if you've not done too much work already.
emaildkennedy
Trust:
Jim & Matty, thanks for your input.

The theme installation was done as instructed, in fact i downloaded the theme again and tried to install the theme again but am still having the same problem with the sidebar.

The only plugin that seems to be changing the layout is "WP No Category Base". When deactivated, the sidebar is in the correct place but i get a 404 error where the posts should be displaying. When the plugin is activated, the posts display correctly but the sidebar moves to the bottom of the page.

Additionally, with this plugin deactivated, all pages are returning a 404 error except the home page.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Sorry, I'm pretty much out of ideas. It does sound like you have more than one problem going, which makes trouble-shooting extra difficult.

When you tried to install Affilotheme again, did you first deactivate it and delete all it's folders from the theme folder via FTP, so that you were starting fresh? Or did you try a new install over the existing one (not as good)?

Do you have a good FTP program (I use WS_FTP Pro). I'm a bit suspicious of using the FTP extension for Firefox. Another case where free might not be best. But, let me add that I don't have any solid evidence of problems with that Firefox extension, since I don't use it.

_jim coe
emaildkennedy
Trust:
Removed them all by ftp and uploaded a fresh copy of the theme with no change.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
What hosting service are you using?
PremiumMember
azubro
Trust:
Can any one come to my rescue on installing affilotheme on my existing site which had before joininig
affilo blueprint three weeks ago. I have tried with no success.
I will pay for the service rendered.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
azubro wrote:Can any one come to my rescue on installing affilotheme on my existing site which had before joininig
affilo blueprint three weeks ago. I have tried with no success.
I will pay for the service rendered.

I can most probably help you. Do you have QQ or Skype? What host do you use?
emaildkennedy
Trust:
Thanks for hijacking the thread, thats me outta this whole project and affiliblabla.
PremiumMember
azubro
Trust:
Thanks Matty. my skype name is azubro. email at [email protected]
(6-10)pm New York time.

For emaidlkennedy, I am sorry for the inconvenience I must have caused you. I am new and a novice regarding
posting on the forum. I promise it will not happen again. Thanks for your patience.
gellaalvena
Trust:
Hi Everyone:

Can anyone tell me why I am not getting the Affilotheme/hosting (where I could setup my website) in my Affiloblueprint course? I don't seem to have this option.

Have anyone had this problem?

Thanks
gella
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
gellaalvena wrote:Hi Everyone:

Can anyone tell me why I am not getting the Affilotheme/hosting (where I could setup my website) in my Affiloblueprint course? I don't seem to have this option.

Have anyone had this problem?

Thanks
gella

This thread is for resolving another persons issue. If you could start your own thread about your issue I could try and help you there.
gellaalvena
Trust:
I.m Sorry..I got into the wrong area very new at this.......However, my issue was resolved.

Thanks Again
gella
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi emaildkennedy,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your issue. Were you able to upload and install the Affilotheme on your Wordpress site?

If not, please let me know. You can reply to this thread or send me an email through the contact form in our support page.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

support50
Trust:
Is the previous Affilotheme version still good or is the new one needed?
marc_mathews
Trust:
Hi there,
I am in the middle of building a website using Affiliotheme. I tried to change the font size and colour of the main navigation menu (the bar on top of the site). For some reason it has accepted the size and "captitalise", but the secondary menu text, the one that appears if you hover on the main menu text, is still the old size. How can I change that?
Thanks!
Marc
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Marc,

It should accept the change on the main menu text as well. Please make sure you have cleared your browser's cache after confirming changes to ensure that you are viewing the new version of the site, and not the cached version.

If you are still having the same issue, please send us temporary admin logins to your website through the contact form in our support page.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

paul37
Trust:
Can somebody tell me which hosting services work with Affilotheme? I can't get it to Activate in WordPress using bluehost or hostmonster? Thanks in advance!
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Paul,

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. Affilotheme can be used on a site hosted in any webhost. Are you getting a specific error if you try to activate it? I suggest you disable all the plugins on your site, activate Affilotheme, then re-enable the plugins.

I appreciate your patience and hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

hollygee
Trust:
Hi
no matter what i do I can not get affilotheme to work. I have installed it via ftp, and via cpanel and also via wordpress. ( deleting each istallation before trying the next ) there is obviously a syntax error on line 75. is there an older version of affilotheme I could use? This is a brand new site I am building so there are not any plugins as yet nor is there anything else on the site. its an empty site and affilothem will NOT Work! so if anyone has any ideas I am desperate to know
Thank you for any help that will get this theme working
Holly
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Holly,

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. Are you self-hosting your site through HostGator?

Please send us an email through the contact form on our support page so that I can send you a link to a previous version of Affilotheme.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!
Cecille

hollygee
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:Hi Holly,

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. Are you self-hosting your site through HostGator?

Please send us an email through the contact form on our support page so that I can send you a link to a previous version of Affilotheme.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Holly,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Were you able to send an email to support and resolve the issue with Affilotheme?

If not, please let me know and send us an email through the contact form on our support page.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

rachelwarner1
Trust:
2 hours later... Error on line 75. Web site down.
Could not get in. I then called hostgator... I uploaded to Hostgator. 2 3x Not happening. IT seems carelessness on the part of the creators of this theme. I'm not the only one I see going back to 2008. What a waste of time.
I guess if I wanna use the theme it will have to be on their servers...prob not an error. lol Any thoughts?
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Affilotheme and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you please let us know the exact error message you got when you tried to install the theme on your HostGator site? Please also post here the URL to your site so we could look into the issue further.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

This topic was started on Jun 26, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.