Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affiloblueprint Theme Header Size

kahuna
Trust:

Affiloblueprint Theme Header Size

Is there a specific dimension to the header and if so what is it?

Thanks in advance,

Bert
jpastorizo
Trust:
Bert,

I dont think there is a specific size for the header. However, Mark mentioned to me in one of his comments (when I asked about his opinion of my affiliate website) that the header should be kept to a minimum height because of your header occupies too much space then your site visitor will click the back button faster than you can say "welcome!". Mark told me to resize my header/banner so that there is more copy on the first fold of my site rather than a banner occupying almost half of the first fold of the page.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

kahuna
Trust:
Renato,

Thanks for the reply. I hope I am not the only one changing the header graphics in the Theme!

I believe there is an underlying code that specifies the exact size of the header so I assume I need to make it that size or a white space will be added to make up for the size difference.

I want to make up several header graphics and don't want to make them an incorrect size. Hopefully someone else will have dealt with this situation...

Bert
beablessing
Trust:
Ideally as what I have learned from the lessons here its 780-800px in width and 150px in height.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

kahuna
Trust:
Thanks for the reply!

I did see 780 used in one of the videos as the width. Have you tried a header image in this size?

Thanks,
Bert
beablessing
Trust:
yes this is the size I am using with my site.... I follow what aletta and mark are teaching while I am learning this course (thats why its called "blueprint" :) ). As soon as I am through with this course and see results, I might experiment with other header sizes.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

kahuna
Trust:
Thank you beablessing! I do now see that the header can be any size as it can be adjusted in the theme edit area.

Thanks again

bert

This topic was started on May 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.