Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Privacy Policy and duplicate content?

winnetou
Trust:

Privacy Policy and duplicate content?

Hello everybody,

I am the proud owner of a half finished website :-)

Currently I am looking at adding the Privacy Policy and am wondering how to go about it.
Can I just copy and paste a policy from the net and change it to my needs? And will a copied policy bee seen as duplicate content by the search engines and would that effect my SEO?

I would appreciate help and information on that.

Thank you!
faradina
Trust:
There are privacy policy statements that can be used by anyone. The sites from which you can get these will specifically state that you can use it. If there is no notice that you can use it, then do not copy. You can modify the privacy statement on Mark's wowblackbook site for your own website.
If your privacy statement is not unique, then it would be best to put a noindex tag on it to prevent duplicate content penalties.
winnetou
Trust:
Hi faradina,

thank you very much for the prompt reply. I will have a good look around for a website that allows me to copy the policy.

Cheers
Stefan
ziaraheem
Trust:
you can use this Free Tool for privacy policy http://www.freeprivacypolicy.com
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could also use the privacy policy posted on this thread:
Review for site: www.Mass-Gaining.com
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

winnetou
Trust:
Hello and thank you for the replies! I have got a privacy policy now, but I am not 100% sure how to do the noindex tag on it in xsite pro. Or does that need to be done somewhere else?

Thank you for a reply to point me into the right direction :-)
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Winne,
Just go into the OTHER tab and then look for ROBOTS.
Then you can uncheck the no index or no follow box.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.