Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What is the best website builder for SEO?

blaide
Trust:

What is the best website builder for SEO?

I have a copy of Dreamweaver (need to learn how to use it). Everyone says it's the best and has the most options/features. Many say xsitepro is easier to learn, has less features than Dreamweaver but is geared for the Affiliate marketer and is also geared or incorporates alot of SEO functions to get higher natural rankings in Google for the sites it creates. My question is, since SEO is the most important thing, should I forget Dreamweaver and use xsitepro or does Dreamweaver also have SEO features/functions?
faradina
Trust:
I do not use Dreamweaver but I went to its official site and from what I see of the features mentioned ( on http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/features/?view=topnew ) SEO is not included. I also looked at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Dreamweaver and I still did not see any mention of SEO features/functions.
mortalengine
Trust:
If you are new to website building, you should really stick to wordress ( google loves it)and Marks plan

Just using dreamweaver or xsite pro unless you know what you are doing can take a long time to rank well

I have used conventional building, but when I changed to wordpress my rankings improved more in 2 months than in the previous 12 with the same content
It is extremely versatile and less time consuming
blaide
Trust:
Thanks for the reply's guys. I did a search for wordpress and viewed the site and it looks like it is designed for blogs not building websites. I downloaded it to install and check it out, but ithe installation instructions said I had to have ftp access to my site and edit something in a text editor and put it up on my site. I'm a total newb and have no clue about any of that and also am just getting started and don't have a site yet. That's why I need a website buliding program. I would use site rubix since it's included in my WA membership and has free hosting and is easy to use, but I've read several post where people said it was not very seo rich and had limited functionality compared to the other 2 mentioned programs. Many of the other posts and reviews also raved about the seo tools built into xsitepro and how it helps with rankings. Like dream weaver, they said it also had many options and templates and was geared for affiliate marketing. As Dreamweaver seems to be the gold standard as far as a site builder, I'd like to use that except how hard is it to SEO the sites it creates? I don't mind the sharp learning curve as I have learned complex software before and would rather have a program that will give the most benefit, but SEO is the most important thing so right now it seems to be my main focus in choosing a website development software.
Any additional insite or info./comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
wollowra
Trust:
Xsitepro is good for newbies but when you learn to use it well.. you can build a pretty good site.
Yes the SEO is good in xsitepro.
Dreamweaver.. you will need to learn how to build a site and tweak it for SEO.
Also, wordpress can be used to build a website.. you just need to learn how.
Marks Blueprint template theme for worpress is set up to look like a website.

If you want to set up a site fast, then xsitepro is great.
Wordpress is good too and dreamweaver, but DW will take longer to learn etc..

There is also NVU but I don't like it that much.

The important thing is to just start building.. you will soon find out if you can or can not do something or if it's too hard.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

blaide
Trust:
Thank you troy. Your reply was very clear and helpful. I also saw a youtube review that compared xsitepro, wordpress and sitebuilder. It said xsite pro could not do blogs but that you could create a site and domain with xsitepro and make a sub-domain where you can install wordpress and create a blog. Sounds like the best of both worlds. So I plan on doing just that and learning Dreamweaver as I go along so that later as I become more experienced and knowledgeable, I can utilize Dreamweaver if I need to do things that xsitepro and wordpress can't. Thanks again.
PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
I've never used xsitepro, but I've had amazing SEO results using Wordpress for building sites. Between the natural SEO capabilities built into the app, plugins that help SEO even more, and the ability to easy alert Google and others to your updates, you can get your new site ranked on the first page of results for long-tail keywords within just a few days. It's much harder to do using traditional web design apps, in my experience. I agree with wollowra that you can find Wordpress themes that will make it look and function just like a normal website, but with tons of handy features and tools built right in.

Dreamweaver is a great program but has a huge learning curve compared to simpler tools like Wordpress, so I'd make it a long-term goal to learn it, and put your efforts into getting simple sites up and built quickly. That way you won't get burnt out or discouraged along the way, and will start seeing results sooner.
Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

wollowra
Trust:
bblackwell wrote:
Dreamweaver is a great program but has a huge learning curve compared to simpler tools like Wordpress, so I'd make it a long-term goal to learn it, and put your efforts into getting simple sites up and built quickly. That way you won't get burnt out or discouraged along the way, and will start seeing results sooner.

Great comments..

T

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
sydney
Trust:
I just want to add dreamweaver is a text editor it has no seo built in.
if you want to create a website manually then you can use dreamweaver.

but why use dreamweaver if you have open source CMS like drupal and wordpress? those open source CMS are equiped with SEO modules.
deman40
Trust:
Thanks from me also,I was about to ask if I should use a wordpress site or
Xsite pro site? My research pointed toward wordpress as the easiest for us beginners.I will still continue practicing with XsitePro and may do as blaide
said and incorporate both.
cecille.l
Trust:
If you are a complete newbie but would like to create your own site for affiliate marketing, then go with XSitePro.

Dreamweaver is a great design tool for HTML, but that is all it is. You have to be at least familiar with HTML and web design to be able to use this application. And yes, you have to tweak any page you make in Dreamweaver for it to be search engine optimized.

It isn't a web design application but more of a blogging platform, but I like to use WordPress. I find the interface very user-friendly, I can easily customize any theme I choose, and adding and updating content is easy as well.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

wollowra
Trust:
In my experience, both are good.
However, I have found Xsite pro to be good if you really want to do it all yourself and learn the ins and outs of designing a nice looking website.
But I found when it comes time to outsource it, that most people use wordpress.
There are heaps more people using wordpress than xsitepro in my opinion and that will make it easy to outsource later on, unless you can find someone who works with xsitepro.

I actually love xsitepro because you can really customize everything with ease and it makes you understand the whole process of building a website and that will come in handy later on down the track when you do outsource because you will know what is going on.

I don't really like the fact that xsitepro uses tables instead of divs, but that is not really an issue if your site is well optimized for SEO.

I think if you are planning to outsource then Wordpress is the way to go.
If you want to build your first site yourself then xsitepro is the way to go in my opinion and then you can pay someone later on to build your sites for you.

Both have great SEO abilities.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

nigel.keelsonanfu
Trust:
There are a few ‘professional quality’ website builders out there that are technically sound (SEO wise) which only really leaves you with having to worry about content, on-page optimisation, user experience, link building and social media - which will definitely help build up your sites overall authority online.

I use basekit.com as my platform for clients that need a basic brochureware (and very basic ecommerce) site. SquareSpace is also pretty good, but is more of a premium blogging platform.

Anything beyond the basics and I use WordPress, or Magento for ecom, with the occasional foray into Drupal if appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Victor
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Hands down, use Wordpress. It's free, highly customizable and ever expanding thanks to being open source. For SEO, there are simple plugins and configurations to help you quickly perfect your onpage SEO. You had mentioned that you want to learn Dreamweaver. This is fine if you would like a job doing web design/development, but I assume that you actually want to make money online through your sites and not building sites for others?

Truth is that you can outsource work to someone that is already and expert in Dreamweaver, PHP, HTML, CSS and the like and spend your precious time learning and applying more important money making skills.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

nigel.keelsonanfu
Trust:
Very true!

However, Wordpress is a bit techy for someone who is just starting out and doesn't want to start digging around with servers & FTP settings, although the possibilities are endless!

I currently have two Wordpress sites and currently working on one with a website builder provider and I'm looking forward to comparing the results.

V
PremiumMember
crozza
Trust:
I had this question too when i finally decided to use AffiloBlueprint 2 which i bought a while ago. I looked at all of these products and whilst I found them to be good (excellent) they didnt suit me or my style. So I got into Komposer and have published one website, and am developing another for a friend. I have developed this site without using tables and am using CSS, HTML. I find it has a few problems but there are good solutions.
shemphain
Trust:
I use Wordpress with the Headway Theme. It's simple drag and drop with complete customization.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Dreamweaver is a fully professional website development tool (meaning it has a serious learning curve). It can do anything your knowledge of HTML, CSS and other technologies and your imagination can come up with. It has zero SEO tools. But that doesn't mean you can't to top notch SEO with a Dreamweaver site and other tools.

You can develop a website in WordPress in about 1/2 the time for about 1/2 the cost, compared to Dreamweaver (and assuming your building "from scratch").. But because WordPress is a pre-built system it is much less flexible that Dreamweaver. You cannot build just anything you can imagine in WordPress (which can be difficult to explain to my clients).

It's not true that WordPress is only for blogs, as it was long ago. You can now make any mix of static pages (similar to Dreamweaver) and posts (like a blog).

WordPress has many plugins you can add to create SEO and other functionality which might require advanced programming skills if done in Dreamweaver.

Although I started (and spent many years) as a professional Dreamweaver website developer, I mostly use WordPress now, plus a commercial framework on top of it and special commercial themes. To get back some of the creative flexibility lost by WordPress, I'm learning PHP programming so I can modify the WordPress internals. For the same reason, I do extensive rewrites of the CSS in WordPress themes and use a lot of inline CSS in my posts and pages. Without my Dreamweaver experience, I wouldn't be an HTML and CSS expert.

Don't think you're not losing anything by using WordPress. The question is are you gaining enough by using it to compensate for what you're giving up by using pre-built systems? I think I am, if I can get good enough at hacking WordPress and if I use the best plugins and other WordPress tools.

There are good reasons why Mark Ling (and many others) recommend WordPress for most online marketers, especially newbies.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe.
miranda1
Trust:
Easy WebContent is the site builder that I use. It’s simple and easy to understand. There are numerous features that builders can utilize like photo editor, videos, and more. I like the level of customization that I can obtain with their product, and also the SEO options that they provide. It’s just a little box that you input words into, but it can really make all of the difference. It allows me to customize the key words for each page, and all without downloading a single tool. It’s based online, and can be accessed anywhere.
They also provide an HTML editor that has many of the capabilities of the site builder, but it allows you to edit current or existing web content on your site. This tool is also very useful.
Overall, I’ve found Easy WebContent’s system to be very helpful, reliable, and simple.
www.easywebcontent.com
emmamart6
Trust:
I don't have experience with xsitepro, but I've used Dreamweaver and don't recommend it unless you already have the HTML skills needed. You also have to go through a tutorial of the application and it's very time-consuming. I think it's a great application because it allows you to create different types of websites from standards-based websites to cross-platform applications and mobile websites, and it also provides many features, but I don't think you need to spend so much time and effort to create a great website with good SEO results.

You can use a website builder that has integrated SEO features. For example, with Exai's website builder you can create websites that have built-in SEO, and you can easily manage your websites' SEO parameters with the SEO feature in the CMS. Instead of wasting a lot of unnecessary time with website building applications, you can have an optimized website up and running in a few minutes.
http://www.exai.com
agelessquest
Trust:
So...just to start this conversation up again. What is better in the WordPress vs. Squarespace debate (for newbies)?
daljeet.kaur
Trust:
Wordpress, according to me is good for you if you are going to start to a new business as it has lot of features . It is SEO friendly and search engine easily index all the wordpress pages. Second it provides various SEO friendly plugins that allows you to put target meta tags, description and title. So from my side,it should be wordpress.
sallykamara2
Trust:
I love wordpress too, as Cecille mentioned, grate user interface and lots of plugin to play around with.

Good question and responses especially for beginners.
Salamatu Kamara

johndevise
Trust:
I have 5-6 websites and they all are WordPress and are SEO friendly . So use WordPress and some WordPress SEO plugins .
coltonaron
Trust:
In these aspects, The mode of selection is dependable on various things. The main advantage of having a dedicated server is that, you will have total control over security and performance. The opinion is varies from person to person.
Minecraft DDoS Protection
TCP Protected Proxy

steyiven
Trust:
There are a number of website design companies that provide services at an affordable price. Choose the right professional web design company for your needs. Search for a reputed, professional and experienced web development company that can fulfill your web designing needs.
windows dedicated server
windows dedicated server

mark schaaf
Trust:
I use software from a company called Serif, it works great and is easy to use, It is a little like dreamweaver but easier. I am one of those people who don't trust automated things so I do all the SEO myself I don't want to trust something that important to an automated plug in. I guess from the many people who use wordpress that they get good results but since I didn't hear anything about word press when I got started I use what I use and I am happy with it. I hear a lot of people always talking about plug in for this and plug ins for that but if my program has all that stuff to start with I don't have to look for a plug in to do something.
Mark

stevegevans60
Trust:
According to me that the good SEO is thing that has to built into website. I saw that most of the website building software solutions are greatly preferable, there are many best website builder for SEO rather then Dreamweaver and xitepro. It depends on the person who want to the SEO for there website. Dreamweaver has excellent features for building a website for SEO like Integrated CMS Support, Intelligent Coding Assistance, Comprehensive CSS Support etc. use it if you are website support all its features.There are some best website for SEO like weebly,wix, Godaddy, Yola, Homestead etc.

This topic was started on Sep 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.