Press & Media
If you're a blogger, journalist or other media outlet and want to find out more about our organization, please read below.
Affilorama is an educational and training community site for affiliate marketers. Created with beginner to intermediate internet marketers mind, the site offers free registration which provides access to a complete suite of training material covering the entire process of building an affiliate marketing business from the ground up. In addition the extensive free content, Affilorama also offers several premium paid products which offer more in-depth training, ready-made resources, and useful tools for managing and marketing a website.
Affilorama was founded in 2006 by Mark Ling, a successful and prominent super-affiliate with over 10 years experience in the affiliate marketing industry. Ling, who had be teaching many friends and family members how to make money online with affiliate marketing realized there could be a market in training people online in how to create their own affiliate businesses. Affilorama has since grown to a member base of over 200,000 people, and employs 29 staff.
Affilorama has its headquarters in Christchurch, New Zealand.
“People find you more credible if you can actually teach them something and deliver value before you ever ask them to buy anything”
- Mark Ling, Affilorama Founder
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a thriving online industry in which people promote other products on their own or other's websites and receive a commission for any completed sales referred. While affiliate marketing has sometimes attracted some controversy because of abuse by spammers and other dishonest practices, it has matured into a mainstream and reputable form of ecommerce. And with internet titans like Google constantly improving their ability to weed out irrelevant or malicious content, the field is clearing for genuine affiliate marketers to build their businesses, while also helping consumers find and compare products and reducing the risk of buying online.
What problem does Affilorama solve?
Affiliate marketing is a complex industry, touching on multiple disciplines, from web-design, to copywriting and advertising. With so much information to cover, a person first starting out in affiliate marketing may often find themselves asking the question "where do I begin?" Affilorama solves this problem by providing a concise, step-by-step guide on how to create an affiliate marketing business, as well as various tools to help along the way. Best of all, with the majority of Affilorama's content being provided free, there is no risk for someone who is just interested in starting out from gaining a foundational knowledge of how affiliate marketing works.
More information about Affilorama's products can be found in our brochure.
In the News
Affilorama is making headlines! Visit our "In the News" page to discover more about the newsworthy products, advice and employees of Affilorama.
- Deloitte Fast 50 – 44th Fastest Growing Company in NZ: The Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 Index celebrate the innovation, growth, and success of growing businesses in New Zealand. Doubledot Media was ranked the 44th fastest growing company in New Zealand. This was our second year in the index.
- Air New Zealand Cargo Canterbury Export Awards – Small to Medium Exporter of the Year Finalist : The Air New Zealand Cargo Canterbury Export Awards celebrate and recognize the outstanding achievements of exporters in Canterbury.
- Champion Canterbury Awards - Global Operator Finalist: The Champion Canterbury Awards, celebrate business excellence, passion and success recognizing the contribution both small, medium and large enterprises make to the vitality of the Canterbury region. We were a finalist in the Global Operator category.
- Vero Business Awards - Finalist: The Vero Excellence in Business Support Awards recognise excellence in the field of business support. The Awards honour those entities and individuals who make real contributions in providing quality products and services, making life easier for business owners. We were a finalist in the one to many category.
- AmCham Export Awards - Exporter of the Year Finalist: The AmCham-UPS Awards celebrate success and innovation in the import, export and investment sectors between New Zealand and its second largest trading partners the US.
- Deloitte Fast 50 - 23rd fastest growing company in NZ: The Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 index celebrates the innovation, growth, and success of growing businesses in New Zealand. Affilorama was ranked the 23rd fastest growing company in New Zealand.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific - Winner: The Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific program recognizes technology companies that have achieved the fastest rates of annual revenue growth in Asia Pacific during the past three years.
Location: Headquartered in Christchurch New Zealand
Legal: Privately held, registered company in New Zealand.
CEO & Co-Founder
More details about Simon
More details about Mark
Get Affilorama's key numbers, stories on the company's co-founders and more in the Affilorama Media Kit.Full Media Kit