Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What Is The Best Wordpress Theme For Affiliate Sites?

juderm
Trust:

What Is The Best Wordpress Theme For Affiliate Sites?

I am new to this business and finally working on my new affiliate website. I am actually planning to do just mini websites for a while for my affiliate products using Wordpress. I am wondering what is the best Wordpress theme to use where everything about SEO is there which I can apply my online and offline SEO.

Someone told me that just use the Wordpress default theme. Is this a good thing to do?

I look forward to your answers. Thank you in advance!
newstart
Trust:
Affilorama has AffiloTheme a WordPress theme available for affiliate marketing.

The Premium membership allows access to "Affiliate Blog Bootcamp" which I believe has two themes available. Also AffiloBluePrint has a theme that was designed specifically for that program.

The theme simplifies site building and appearance however the theme will not make or break a successful affiliate website. Search engine optimization or backlink creation will establish a website ranking allowing for sales activity.

There are many successful marketers using the default WordPress theme. Learn to do SEO so you can be successful with any theme.

Margene Smith
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Jude,
Wow.. Wordpress has so many great themes.

If you follow Margene's advice that is good.

You can also look at...
AffiloTheme
woothemes.com
or elegantthemes.com

They are all nice to look at and work well depending on what you would like to do.
Keep in mind alot of themes tend to make sites look like a blog, not an affiliate site or information/review site so you will need to look around. It can depend on what niche you are in and how you will monetize the site.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

cecille.l
Trust:
elegantthemes.com is one of my favorites. The theme only becomes important in affiliate sites if it lets you add the plugins/widgets you need or not. As long as your website is organized and professional-looking then there is nothing else to worry about in that department.

There are no themes that I know of that can help you with SEO. You can use the All-in-One SEO plugin to help you with on-page SEO. You can also look at this thread on the best Wordpress themes for affiliate sites.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

jetpackbuilder
Trust:
For affiliate marketing I don't think you can do much better than AffiloTheme . It's very versatile and with the addition of a few plugins it's hard to beat. I even use it for non-affiliate marketing sites.

If you want to spend some money then go for Thesis.

Steve
Put your Jetpacks on steroids!

FREE Affilojetpack tips and tricks www.affilojetpackbuilder.com/affilojetpack-builder-tips/

Taking too much valuable time? Outsource it! www.AffiloJetpackBuilder.com

Jetpacks looking blah? Kick them up! www.AffiloJetpackBuilder.com/kick-up-my-jetpacks/

cecille.l
Trust:
Thanks for the recommendation Steve! :)
We are also in the process of making the theme better so if any of you have anything to add you can do so by visiting the Affiloblueprint and Affilojetpack Members Forums.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
For simple static Affiliate sites, I use the AffiloTheme , For affiliate blogs, I recommend using Thesis. Both are really great themes with enough customization to make them really unique for each niche you want to build a site arround.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

chezza.rushton
Trust:
Hello Everyone

I'm new and so probably posting my question in the wrong area but I cant find where else to put it!

In my wordpress dashboard, I click on 'appearances' but there isn't an 'install themes' option, 'editor' option, in fact no options at all. I would be very grateful for any help, it's driving me mad !

My current theme is Heatmap Adsense 2.5.4 and I've just purchased Pro v5, hence why I've discovered I don't have an 'install theme' option.

Many thanks in anticipation !
jetpackbuilder
Trust:
Hello Cheryl,

When you click on 'Appearance' you should be taken to a page that shows what your current theme is and what other themes are available (other themes you have installed) under a tab called 'Manage Themes'. There should be another tab called 'Install Themes' where you can install more themes.

Another way to get to that same page is to click the little arrow next to 'Appearance' to expand the menu and select 'Themes'. You will also see the other appearance options in the menu.

Hope this helps.
Steve

FREE Affilojetpack tips and tricks www.affilojetpackbuilder.com/affilojetpack-builder-tips/

Jetpacks looking blah? Kick them up! www.AffiloJetpackBuilder.com/kick-up-my-jetpacks/

chezza.rushton
Trust:
Hi Steve

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've tried all of the above but the 'install theme' tab is simply not there.

I've tried de-activating all plugins and changing to other themes that are available. I must be on Wordpress.org as opposed to wordpress.com as I am able to post adsense ads and affiliate links....... (I've been advised that this is a consideration also). The person whom I bought the site from 6 months ago promised me 30 days support after the sale as I told him I'm a newbie.......then promptly dumped me, so I've been staggering around trying to sort things out myself for months now.

I would really appreciate any other ideas as to what I can do.

Cheryl
chezza.rushton
Trust:
Hi Steve

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've tried all of the above but the 'install theme' tab is simply not there.

I've tried de-activating all plugins and changing to other themes that are available. I must be on Wordpress.org as opposed to wordpress.com as I am able to post adsense ads and affiliate links....... (I've been advised that this is a consideration also). The person whom I bought the site from 6 months ago promised me 30 days support after the sale as I told him I'm a newbie.......then promptly dumped me, so I've been staggering around trying to sort things out myself for months now.

I would really appreciate any other ideas as to what I can do.

Cheryl
jetpackbuilder
Trust:
Cheryl,

I sent you a pm.

Steve

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Cheryl,

Is it possible to PM me with temporary admin logins to your site so that we can look into this further? You can also send it to us through the contact form at our support page.

You should have the option to install themes regardless of what Wordpress theme you are using. You should find the Install Theme button exactly at where Steve said:

When you click on 'Appearance' you should be taken to a page that shows what your current theme is and what other themes are available (other themes you have installed) under a tab called 'Manage Themes'. There should be another tab called 'Install Themes' where you can install more themes.

Another way to get to that same page is to click the little arrow next to 'Appearance' to expand the menu and select 'Themes'. You will also see the other appearance options in the menu.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

alexbardera2
Trust:
If you're looking for a clean, responsive, marketing-friendly theme, you might check out Minimaliste and Startup by Fresher Themes:

http://fresherthemes.com

Alex.
iandille101
Trust:
Any post definitely requires the best Wordpress theme for its affiliate site for it to be more effective. Try to consider the following themes for your own: Headway Themes, Elegant Themes, and Affiliate Themes.

This topic was started on Oct 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.