Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How To Structure Micro Niche Websites?

alex75
Trust:

How To Structure Micro Niche Websites?

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, a rookie on Internet marketing. Trying to kick start my affiliate marketing business at a painfully snail pace. Need some advice on:
1) How to structure a typical micro niche website. Eg: article page, conversion page. etc.
2) Does lengthy micro niche site gets good ranking?
Will be eternally grateful if anyone can provide good examples for reference.

Cheers!
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Alex,

I don't think micro-niche websites remain micro-niche websites for long. These days, micro-niche websites continue on and expand until they become big sites. Some even become authority sites. This is because there is continuous addition of content which helps bring on new traffic to the site.

The structure of a micro-niche site is same as any other site, only you would be starting small. You can start with 5-10 articles with a good mix of product reviews and information articles. It would be good to add in an optin form so you can start building your list.

Small sites can rank real well depending on the keywords you're targeting and the niche you're in.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tankctrlr
Trust:
I personally think that small content sites are way more difficult to rank than content rich sites.

With a small site you are limited to just the content you have, meaning static content, it just sits there like a sales page. The experts will tell you that starting a blog will do wonders for a static website because the SEs (search engines) love new-fresh content.

As an example take my website needanarticle.com, I have fallen into the death trap of working IN my business instead of ON it and because of that our Blog and content has been lacking. So what has happened with our traffic? The answer is nothing, yeah nothing, because we haven't posted/created anything NEW, NO NEW traffic has come in. (Just the normal traffic that we have already built up and along with other traffic sources.)

So as you can see currently my site might as well be a 'static' small site and so no new SE traffic comes in because of that. If you want to build a small site that's up to you but just know that it can only go so far in terms of EARNING traffic.

So:
Few content, few keywords, few traffic chances.
Lots of content, lots of keywords, lots of traffic chances.

Also think about a competitor of yours who adds a blog and/or creates content regularly, I believe she will outrank your small static website easily.

For structure go with a magazine-style home page, that links to your content pages (posts) and within your posts have CTAs (call to action/s) in them.

(Each post needs to serve a purpose and needs to serve a certain audience: https://www.affilorama.com/blog/create-a ... niche-site)

Usually in WP you would use a PAGE for something you want to be static like a sales page and you would use a POST for something other than that, like a quick fresh blog post.

Here's a pretty simple site I found with a quick Bing search:

thedogtrainingsecret.com

The concept is pretty simple, here's some free helpful content (tips, articles, email ethical bribe vid, etc) and if you want/need more, here's a product to buy. They have a few 'static' pages with a call to action on each and a blog where they publish/post the fresh helpful content regularly and I'm guessing you can find a few CTAs in these posts as well (for you that would be the affiliate links and banners etc), also notice they have social media going as well, pretty pretty good!

Andrew

thumbs up...
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

alex75
Trust:
Thanks Cecille.
Any good micro niche site example for reference?
alex75
Trust:
Thanks Andrew for sharing your webpage and your experience

Valid point taken on few content, few keywords lead to few searches. But that being said, shouldn't we look at case by case basis; taking into consideration on whether we are promoting a single / multiple products on website? My take is that website should be complimented with blog for new content input to keep the audience coming back for more. As you rightfully put it, static sales page has finite limit to attract unique visitors.

That leads me to another question. A lengthy/ short single webpage vs multiple tabs website? What's the objective of using either format? Hope you could enlighten me. Thanks!

Cheers!
tankctrlr
Trust:
The way I would use a small (or one page) website is when I'm not trying to get any search engine traffic to it, like a squeeze-page or sale-letter page. But even then if it's related to a site I have already I'll just create it on there so I don't know, I like to make sites big lol

We had a single page, long form sales letter format for the front end of my site a long time ago (link in signature), and it was super hard to rank it for anything but the main keyword, so we changed that up to what's pretty much standard now as far as B2B themes go I guess.

If you are going to do SEO/SEM you should know, because of all the google changes you need to start looking at SEO/SEM as just a piece of a greater strategy i.e., Inbound Marketing. When you do that it means you need lots of content and you need to market that content, so a small site is harder to do that with.

alex75
Trust:
Thanks Andrew. Point taken. Based on your experience, Would you recommend starting on a free website to promote affiliate programs I.e weebly?
tankctrlr
Trust:
Not too familiar with Weebly but from the looks of it as long as you can create your own unique branding for the site along with have your own domain name (again for branding), I don't see anything wrong with it, traffic is traffic and sales are sales right?

Personally I would go with WordPress though, there is just so much more you can do with it, and if you are just starting out why not start learning NOW how to build something that in the long run will be bigger / better. It's a lot easier than you might think.

Having said that, getting started doing SOMETHING should be your main goal, and if something like Weebly gets you started and moving forward then go for it, many people get stuck in the planning stages and eventually give up before they even start or they take far too long to build anything (and take too long to fail), I say just get started already with changing your life! ;-)

This topic was started on Apr 22, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.