ChristmasSignup to View
Home » Affilorama forum » Website Building » Why is this site supposed to be so good
Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Why is this site supposed to be so good

mark schaaf
Trust:

Why is this site supposed to be so good

I know that the kids like to see everything flashy and be able to figure out everything at a quick glance but what is it about this site that is supposed to makes it considered as a great site. I ask because I try and get comments on my site from this site and others and many here like my site and some on others say my site looks old fashioned. Some say my sites home page is too long and has too much info and don't know where they should go next after reading it and I understand people are giving me helpful advice but this site that I found listed as one of the better site on the web I just don't get. It is a site with travel stories but as soon as I land on the site I have no idea where to go what to look at or how to figure out where to find a story I may be interested in. So could someone tell me what I am missing when looking at this site. http://www. world hum dot com
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Can you please define what you mean by the site is "good"?

I checked the site and it is not ranking well for the keywords "travel" and "travel blog". It is however, a 10-year old site with lots of pages and backlinks. So I guess, there's a lot of traffic coming to the site.

With regards to navigation, I did not have any difficulties finding stories. I went to Destinations, clicked on a country and it displayed a relevant article. Photos showed slideshows. Lists showed featured stories.

How is your website doing? Maybe you could add more photos, interesting stories, funny videos or client testimonies. I think those would help you improve your site.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

mark schaaf
Trust:
Hi Michelle, One of the other staff members sent me a list of 25 sites that are supposed to be considered very good. I guess it is supposed to be the design and layout because I am trying to get ideas of how to make my site better. I also typed in world travel stories and there site is on page 1 position 2 on yahoo and page 1 position 3 on google. These are in US search.

As I said before I am getting decent traffic but not much in the way of sales. Because I have many pages on page 1 and 2 for yahoo, bing and google I have quite a few people landing on different pages of my site. Often they leave from the page they landed on so I don't know if they were just looking for some specific information and weren't looking into planning a vacation or if they didn't like to look and feel of my site.

As far as navigation of the other site when I first look at it I get the feeling of a giant checker board with the beginnings of many stories in the boxes so I feel like I don't know where to start. This is something the other staff member told me about my site saying after reading my home page with all the links to articles that it made him not know where to start after he was finished reading the home page. So it makes it a little difficult for me because he finds thing confusing that I don't and I find things confusing that he doesn't. So while trying to change my site for the better in order to get more sales it makes it difficult to know what direction to go.

I have had people on other forums say my site looks out dated and old fashioned and it makes the site not trustworthy which seemed really stupid to me and I do agree that the site looks a little dated even though it is only a little over 2 years old but I like the more simple look rather then the looks of the site that you looked at with what seems to me has everything everywhere. So that is why I am looking for ideas and if I understood why people say the other site is so good then I can move forward with my site in a logical manner. Thanks Mark
Mark