Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Creating Blogs to get Back Links, is that ok?

acetennisclub
Trust:

Creating Blogs to get Back Links, is that ok?

Newbie here,

I have a few questions.

1. I just wanted to hear if anyone has created their own blogs to get Back Links to their main website?
2. Could I create multiple blogs on subdomains and then create Back Links?
3. Would it be bad if a blog had for example 30 Back Links to a website with the same anchor text?

Thanks for your Help
Jay
jjperkins
Trust:
Hi,
yes, we have created a few of our own blogs as our own mini-network for backlinks. It's still only in its infancy but does seem to help, as just a part of the backlink building of course.

2) You want your support blogs to be on relevant domains, or subdomains, and spread out over different hosting accounts. If they were all on the same domain or IP address Google would just discount them anyway.

3) It depends on what proportion of the total outbound links from that site those 30 would be. On a new blog, with no history and no other outbound links it would look distinctly odd and Google would probably discount them altogether.
I use a couple with my main keyword and a couple more with variants I'm targetting, and make sure that there are other outbound links to related sites.

This is one of the advantages of building a few sites within the same niche, it makes building your own support network easier and more worthwhile.

HTH, Jillian

jcdean
Trust:
I have been using traffic travis to spy on a few successful marketers,

I was to surprised when I "researched" Ryan Moran's site (A well known marketer/guru) and found that most of his links to Ryan's reviews (his money site) come from his personal blog (Ryan Moran dot org)

Ryan's reviews is ranking for some very tough key words like "Drop shipping companies" and "Worldwide brands."

Any how I think a link is a link is a link, only Google knows how each is weighted really.
Respect,
JC Dean

acetennisclub
Trust:
Thank you HTH, Jillian and J.C Dean for your comments. Appreciate it.

Thanks
Jay
thewholeinternet314
Trust:
Yep, blog farm...
webvivre
Trust:
I think the occasional blog is OK but if you just have links from blog farms this will raise a flag with Google.
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hello Jay
I'm no seasoned pro at this "YET" but from what I have learned making your own blogs will only help after the blog has aged for a while and you will have to make sure they are unique content. I made a few myself and they did not seem to help much. I'm not saying you shouldn't try a few, give it some thought. As far as links on the blog you should keep the amount to just a few (3-4) and not all to the same page as google will see this as spamy. I have found it more valuable but not necessarily easier to find pre-exsisting blogs related to your niche and post a good quality comment along with a link or two to your site. Take the time to read the post and comment well. Many times your comment will NOT be posted so when I write what I feel is a really good comment I copy and save it for future use if it is not accepted on the first blog.
Hope this helps.
Never Give UP!!!
Paul

http://superiorwowguide.com
Paul J. Burkhardt

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have tried setting up my own network of blogs, and it can help but it is a lot of work. for one thing, you will need to promote all of those blogs as well as the main site that you are building. Honestly, I donnt buy domains for this. I use some of the free blogs like wordpress.com, multiply, and blogger. these sites will have higher chances of getting you some traffic than starting out a bunch of fresh blogs on unkown domains.

that being said, several of my static sites have a blog set up in a subfolder or subdomain and I funnel traffic through the blog to my sites.

Building a blog takes a lot of work, and to really make it work, it is harder than running affilate sites. however, if you happen to build some authority, your blog does have a chance to go viral. you can actually get it to a point where you don't do much of anything to promote it because your readers do a lot of it for you. But, in order to have that kind of blog, you have to do it consistently, you have to provide a lot of value to people, and it takes time.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Nov 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.