Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

What Are The Common Marketing Errors?

kallayprasanth05
Trust:

What Are The Common Marketing Errors?

What are the marketing errors that a newbie in the field of Internet marketing normally commits? Also please say something about the seriousness of these errors.
cecille.l
Trust:
I can't bring up to mind any "common" marketing errors. We all have different learning curves and at some point or other, we will make mistakes on our websites or on our marketing efforts. What's more important than these errors are the steps we did to get over these challenges.

I suppose if there is any "common" error, it is the lack of a marketing strategy right from the very start. Not a lot of new marketers consider the inbound marketing methods at the very start of building a site. I think it's important that you have one at the ready, while the site is being built, so that once the site is up, you can jump into the marketing and link building right away, instead of wasting time creating a marketing strategy.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

stevegevans60
Trust:
I think the most common errors of marketers is the unawareness of taking risks. They always try to do something new, but this not works all time.
marketing29
Trust:
I think the main common mistake of marketers is they don't want to change the strategy. Many entrepreneurs succeed because they can multitask.
And another common error of marketers is mistreating the media.
brad9
Trust:
Not analyzing what truly works for them. It's one thing to make assumptions about what is driving traffic to your sites & quite another to check into it. Some are just hopeful that what they are doing will bring customers because it's a good product/service. That may be very true, but that doesn't automatically connect all of the dots that need to be connected. When we start analyzing all of the separate components of marketing that went into getting the customer to the site, or even to the "pay" button, it requires so much more than hopeful thinking.
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

harrisondear12
Trust:
Updates must require because changing of strategy according to changes in markets must required.It plays an very important role in marketing.
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
I am very impressed with the answers. I too think that the most common error is abstaining from designing a new marketing strategy. That may be due to fear of getting lost in the way. Again it should be said that risk-taking is not always advisable.
adam.kent
Trust:
One of the biggest mistakes that newcomers to internet marketing usually make is trying to spam links online at various sites and forums and then relying on one off traffic for potential sales. The better solution is to create a newsletter subscription/mailing list for your site. And, then ask every person who visits your site (from any source) to subscribe to your email list. In this way, you will have a better chance of getting that one time visitor to return again and again as your site updates.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

This topic was started on May 18, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.