Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Still Not Getting Any Sales

amdenton
Trust:

Still Not Getting Any Sales

I have set up my site following all the instructions and have sent out articles etc to get backlinks - but am not getting any traffic or sales - have I missed something??
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that. how long has your site been up? Getting your site up and getting your first sale can take a couple of months, especially if you've just started in affiliate marketing. It also can depend on the keywords you're targeting, and how much demand there is in your niche for the products you're promoting.

I suggest you look at the keyword you're targeting and getting traffic from. Are these keywords with buyer intent or information keywords? Do you have call to action links on the pages you're getting traffic on? Do these pages contain articles that convince or persuade readers to purchase the product?

I suggest you post a link to your site on this thread so that both Affilorama staff and experienced Affilorama members can look at your site and give you feedback on how to improve it and earn from it.

If you're an Affiloblueprint or Affilojetpack member, you can post a link to your site on the Site Feedback area of these forums to get feedback on your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey Tony,

The first thing to focus on is getting traffic to your site. If you're not getting visitors to your site, you have no chance of making sales.

Simply submitting your (different from the ones on your website?) articles to article directories (I assume) isn't going to skyrocket you to the top of the search engines overnight. There's quite a lot more work (and time) involved than that.

Like Cecille says, if you could show us your website and perhaps let us know which keywords you're going after in the search engines, we could take a look and give you more specific advice.

It's pretty hard to tell you where you're going wrong without looking.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

endy daniyanto
Trust:
Hi Tony,

A few questions are: what keywords are you targeting? Where are you ranking for these keywords? How long do visitors stay to read content on these pages? What is your click through ratio? What is the conversion rate on your offer?

Cheers,
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

adam.kent
Trust:
Are you currently using email marketing where you have site visitors sign up for your site newsletter? This is an essential step toward earning money online. Without your own email list, your traffic is just random and non-repeating. You need to have the ability to harness your one time traffic to ensure that you can speak to them again (via email) so they will know when to return to your site. This is important, especially as so many people will simply forget your link the minute they leave your site.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

amdenton
Trust:
Hi Guys and thank-you so much for your responses.
In answer to Zoe - I do have an autoresponder set up with a free e-book offer to build a list from. It would appear the main issue is getting people to the site.
The keywords that I am going after are:
Fat Burning
Best Natural Fat burner
Burn stomach fat
Fat Burner
best fat burner
tiop ten fat burners
natural fat burners

Any further help would be appreciated - www.shiftmybelly.com
Tony
ofer22
Trust:
Hi Tony,

Your website looks very nice.
Did you get any sales at all from this site?
are all the articles unique content on this site?

Thanks

amdenton wrote:Hi Guys and thank-you so much for your responses.
In answer to Zoe - I do have an autoresponder set up with a free e-book offer to build a list from. It would appear the main issue is getting people to the site.
The keywords that I am going after are:
Fat Burning
Best Natural Fat burner
Burn stomach fat
Fat Burner
best fat burner
tiop ten fat burners
natural fat burners

Any further help would be appreciated - www.shiftmybelly.com
Tony
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
You may also try to build your list through well-designed squeeze pages. Remember you can get into email marketing without spending a dime too!

This topic was started on Mar 11, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.