Below are the steps to move or migrate your site from Affilojetpack Lite Hosting to Premium Hosting. Make sure that you have changed your domain's nameservers to that of Premium Hosting before proceeding with the following steps.
1. Request and download the backup from the AffiloJetpack account to your computer. For a guide on how to download a back up of your Affilojetpack site to your computer, please view the video at: (Affilorama login required) Backing Up Your Affilojetpack Site
2. Unzip the backup zip file. The actual Wordpress files are located in the 'httpdocs' directory. The database (contains data in posts, pages, etc) is in the .sql file located just outside the 'httpdocs'
3. Upload the Wordpress files located in the httpdocs folder to the public_html directory in Premium Hosting using FTP. DO NOT include the httpdocs itself, only upload the files within this folder.
4. Using Filezilla, change the permission of the directories in the public_html directory to 755 recursively -- change only the permission of directories to 755, permissions of FILES must not be changed to 755.
To do this, right-click on the public_html directory and click on File Permissions:
Type in "755" in the Numeric Value field. Click on "Recurse into subdirectories" and the "Apply to directories only" buttons.
You can also change the permission of the directories through the control panel in Premium Hosting. However, it can be time consuming if you have a lot of files. Changing the permissions through FTP is quicker and easier.
5. Using Filezilla, change the permission of the files in the public_html to 644 -- change only the permission of files to 644, permission of DIRECTORIES must not be changed to 644!
To change the permission of the files to 644, right-click on the public_html click on File Permissions. Change the value to 644 and Save.
Type in "644" in the Numeric Value field. Click on "Recurse into subdirectories" and the "Apply to files only" buttons.
6. Create a new MySQL database under MySQL databases in the Premium Hosting control panel. Take note of the database name, username, and password. In Premium Hosting, the database name and username are ALWAYS the same.
7. Upload the .sql file to the Premium Hosting using PhpMyAdmin. You can launch the PhpMyAdmin tool by clicking the "Manage" button of the database you created earlier.
8. Update the database information of the wp-config.php file to the information you used above (step 7).
To do this, right-click on the wp-config.php file in the control panel's File Manager tool:
On the page that comes up, change the database name, username and password. Make sure to click on "Save and Close" after editing the file.
9. Change the permission of the wp-config.php file to 400. Doing this secures the Wordpress site from hackers, etc. To do this, right-click on the wp-config.php file on your File Manager.
Click on "Chmod", then on the window that comes up, enter 400" on the field provided, then click "Save".
10. Preview the website on your browser. The domain should already be resolving to Premium Hosting's nameservers for the site to work. Make sure to login to the dashboard to check the plugins and other settings.
This process can take hours, especially if you are moving a big site. Changing the permissions also take time. You may do other tasks while you wait for the procedure to complete.