Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

My Review on Affilojetpack - What do you think of it?

backhoe48
Trust:

My Review on Affilojetpack - What do you think of it?

Hi all.

I just wrote a review on Marks latest product.

Admittedly it's a rewrite of one that Mark placed in the affiliate's resources section but I'd really like some feed back from my peers in here and comments on my actual blog will be be doubly appreciated.
http://seankellyblogs.com/internet-marketing/a-review-of-affilojetpack/

Cheers
Sean
digiblue
Trust:
Hi Sean,

In my opinion the review is good as it does what it needs to do, which is pre-sell.

I just have a few other ideas about you blog in general...

You may want to include a few extra calls to action in the text of the review. It is quite a long article and half way through it you should include another call to action that is big and in bold text, just in case someone does not want to continue reading and just wants to click to the product (make it easy for them to do).

I also found all the banners and promotions around the review really distracting. There is too much going on in the sidebar! I counted 13 banners and another 4 under the header. I think a more focused approach could work better. What is the most profitable step for someone coming to your Website? Join your list? Click on a specific affiliate banner? Follow you on twitter? Read your articles on Ezinearticles? Click on the "Australian Planet" directory so that they leave your site? You need to work this out and make sure it becomes the focus of your blog.

I think the "related blogs" after each post is not the best idea as it is just another way for someone to leave your blog and go read another one. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible, the longer people stay the more chance of them clicking an affiliate link, signing up to your list, etc.

Instead of using the "related blogs" swap it for "related posts" (plugin) so that you can direct people to useful and related articles on your Website and this will also help with internal linking. This will also keep your blog "sticky".

I liked reading the content on your blog but I really think you should have a bit more focus approach and take some of the banners away, then I am sure your conversions will increase dramatically.

All the best on your future marketing adventures!

Alex
backhoe48
Trust:
Hi Alex.
Thank you for reply and your suggestions. I'm sending you a PM
Cheers
Sean

This topic was started on Jul 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.