Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress issues with extra pages

naomia
Trust:

Wordpress issues with extra pages

OK so I have spent half of yesterday and starting out the same way this morning and am getting frustrated!!! Understatement I think! I put my first three articles up on Wordpress, Affilorama theme and published and it looks ... as expected. Continued with the training and edited the header bar - looking better but now all of a sudden my 2nd and 3rd pages get 404 errors. Worked until 2am trying to figure it out and gave up. This morning I deleted the offending pages and re-wrote them. Made no difference. What am I doing wrong??? Help please.
Thanks
jasondodd
Trust:
it may have something to do with your permalinks (in WP admin > Settings > Permalinks). if something has been changed here you may need to copy and paste the text into your htaccess file (found in the root folder of your web server)
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

naomia
Trust:
Jason,
Thank you and come to think of it - after I messed with the permalink was exactly when I lost access to the other 2 pages. I saw that not about pasting some code into the htaccess folder but darned if I could find any such folder, in fact, I didn't even know where to look for that folder. Can you tell me where it is, exactly please.
I appreciate the help since my hosting company hasn't replied to me at all.

Naomi

This topic was started on May 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.