Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

WordPress, Duplicate PPC content, Blog Posting PPC tweaks

PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:

WordPress, Duplicate PPC content, Blog Posting PPC tweaks

Really new to WordPress so I'm wondering if someone can help me out here:

Want to avoid duplicate content problems associated with PPC landing page tweaks. How can I achieve that? I mean, do you have to still setup robot.txt file to block directories?

Also, when I post a page that is similar to another page, how do I stop WP from posting it in my blog section or latest post? Going to look weird with two slightly different tweaked pages.

Thanks in advanced!
keithdhd
Trust:
Hi Spunky,

I create a duplicate page to my regular review page for my PPC landing page - if you're using the Affiloblueprint template there is a dropdown in the edit section where you can select "PPC Page".

I have a plugin called KB Robots.txt which lets you put in disallow commands for your PPC page. This will stop Google indexing it.

You put something like this in it:

Disallow: /jamorama-review

Hope that helps,
Keith
PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
I use SEO plantinum and select noindex, nofollow and it puts
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow,noarchive,noodp,noydir" />
in the header, is that ok?

If yes, anything else I can do to avoid duplicate PPC in WP pages?

This topic was started on Mar 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.