Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Word Press Blog vs. Static Website for Affiliate Marketing

davidguy
Trust:

Word Press Blog vs. Static Website for Affiliate Marketing

Just wondering if anyone has any points of reference re Mark's bootcamp Affilorama marketing, i.e, ClickBank products - where they have had better conversion using a website vs. using a Word Press blog to present the CB products, articles, etc. ? I've can do both but personally find writing and optimizing a website for the search engines using HTML easier to manage the input - keywords, use of graphics, etc. If you found building a website and building a blog equally easy to do - which one would you recommend for best results and ranking via Mark's Affilorama program?
Last edited by michellerana on 13 Jan 10 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

steveking
Trust:
Hi DavidGuy

I spent most of last year using WP blogs and did really well in Google Rankings but only managed around $90 of sales. Although to be fair my sites were only ever optimised for one keyword phrase at a time.

I have recently started AB and also have started using XSP - It's too early to say if it will give me greater conversions but it has certainly speeded up the process. I would say I can do things twice as quickly with XSP over the WP blog.

From what I can gather, the real deal here is to have multiple sites up and running, so for me I would now choose XSP and build websites rather than blogs.

Just my 2-cents as they say
cheers
Steve
Steve

"Working Hard On Mark's Course So Eventually I Can Spend More Time On The Golf Course"...Happy Days!

davidguy
Trust:
Thanks Steve for the quick reply. Based on your response think I might try a stand-alone website for my first time out. My plan is to try and put up 1-2 a month - so may split them up and try it both ways ... still mulling that one over. Dave

This topic was started on Jan 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.