Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Why Pages and Not Posts?

ewebmedia
Trust:

Why Pages and Not Posts?

Can someone explain the rationale (did I miss it?) for why the WP template uses
pages and not posts? Is there some SEO benefit?
PremiumMember
fthomas137
Trust:
I've seen this done by other marketers that have had pretty good success. I believe that the only way I see it is that wordpress is a great thing with one exception - it's handling of posts. There is no clear cut mechanism to properly display posts in a fashion of your choosing. Only pages have the ability to be re-ordered in the order we prefer with plugins like 'My Page Order'. To be honest, the affilorama theme may be plain looking but it's actually quite powerful.
ewebmedia
Trust:
The ordering of pages makes sense, although if a page ranks, traffic will enter the site from that page and not the home page.

One reason I asked the question is that there services, like Unique Article Wizard that will allow you to post a unique article to your blog, which is convenient. Mostly trying to save time.

This topic was started on Jun 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.