Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Where should I put my links?

paul67
Trust:

Where should I put my links?

can anybody advise me about links for example where do i put them and are they viewable by customers i have a landing page and am thinking if i have clickable links it may harm conversion

any help or advise is much appreciated by this newbie

cheers

paul
Last edited by michellerana on 25 Feb 10 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

shonda39
Trust:
I was advised to at least place a link near the top (after an important point or after the first paragraph) of an article and near the end of a article.
Clickable banners need to be near the top perferably the top right corner of your article.
Your links can either be cloaked or you can highlight a key pharse and insert a link into your pharse: EXAMPLE: click here to learn more on dog training (insert a link within this pharse)
paul67
Trust:
thanks shonda39
im trying to find out if its advisable to build links for seo purposes,page rank ect or not as i have a landing page with an affiliate link that i want veiwers to click on and if theres lots of other links it may harm conversion

thanks again paul

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.