Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Website building software compatible with Mac

zsoltm78
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Nov 09
Trust:

Website building software compatible with Mac

Hi There

Is any other programs like XsitePro which can be used on Mac?
Any other website building step by step guide, beside what u guys have on affilorama?

If I choose to hire somebody to build my website, to save some time(and frustration), what resources do I have beside elance?

Where can I purchase custom made website templates?

Mark mentioned that a website should have at least 30 pages for better search engine rankings. What that means? 30 different topics about the same product?
What if I can't come up with 30 different topics for the product I would promote?
I mean I could come up with 30 different article for each page, but it would be very similar to each other, since the topic can't be diversified as much. What would make my website pretty boring.

Estimably how much would cost a custom made 30 page website?

Thanks
Zsolt
  • 0
Last edited by michellerana on 31 May 10 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better
 

Site Admin
michellerana
Posts: 2372
Joined: 05 May 09
Trust:
zsoltm78 wrote:Is any other programs like XsitePro which can be used on Mac?
Any other website building step by step guide, beside what u guys have on affilorama?

Wordpress is Mac compatible. It's a great software and it's free :)


zsoltm78 wrote:If I choose to hire somebody to build my website, to save some time(and frustration), what resources do I have beside elance?

Where can I purchase custom made website templates?

You could check the posts made by members who are selling their websites in the Affiliate Hangout section of this forum :)


zsoltm78 wrote:Mark mentioned that a website should have at least 30 pages for better search engine rankings. What that means? 30 different topics about the same product?

You need to choose a specific niche or topic and build a keyword list with at least 30 keyword phrases. Then you would have to write one article per keyword phrase.

It is recommended that you promote at least three (3) products which belongs to the same niche.


zsoltm78 wrote:What if I can't come up with 30 different topics for the product I would promote?
I mean I could come up with 30 different article for each page, but it would be very similar to each other, since the topic can't be diversified as much. What would make my website pretty boring.

Your keywords should be varied to make your website interesting and informative. It would be best to go to forums and check what your potential buyers are talking about. You could use their terms as your keywords. It would also be good to go to the merchant's sales page and try to find the keywords that you can use.


zsoltm78 wrote:Estimably how much would cost a custom made 30 page website?

The price would actually depend on your niche and the site's earnings. You could check the affiliate hangout section and see how much the members are selling their sites.
  • 0
Michelle
Customer Support


=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint
 
tdigitty
Posts: 58
Joined: 01 Apr 10
Trust:
If I choose to hire somebody to build my website, to save some time(and frustration), what resources do I have beside elance?


You can try the following alternatives:
http://odesk.com
http://freelancer.com
http://getacoder.com
http://guru.com


Where can I purchase custom made website templates?


If you choose to use WordPress, you probably don't need a FULLY custom website. You can either choose from the free templates and swap out some images and change some colors (or just leave it as is).

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

OR of you want to spend a little money you can purchase premium WP themes...

Google "premium wordpress themes" for a list of sites that sell them. I'm looking at http://woothemes.com right now...they have some good looking templates and they allow you to test them (front and backend) before you buy.

Hope that helps.
  • 0

This topic was started on May 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.

cron