Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Updating my site in XsitePro and removing the php webpage

marymeagan
Trust:

Updating my site in XsitePro and removing the php webpage

Hi Guys

I monetized my homepage with a graphic and extra link then clicked "publish" and then reviewed my site which looked good and everything worked fine.

I then typed my title url in my address bar which took me to my old site without any of the work I had just finished,

So does a published web site require a certain amount of time to be viewed ?

Second question - when I type my title url (I should have asked this question a while back) into my address bar I get two different titles, one being a "php" and the other a ".com" (I want the ".com" and not the php)

I also get 2 other pages from my web site in my address bar and not sure how I accomplished this but now how do I get rid of this php address and the 2 pages (or is having pages there good or bad and why haven't the rest of my pages been displayed)

I guess that's more than 2 questions but I didn't think of them all at the beginning of this post. LOL

Larry
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Feb 10 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Larry Bauge

faradina
Trust:
Hi Larry,

If you have published your site properly, you should be able to see the changes right away. However, there are some cases when you do not see the changes because your browser is showing you the page that has been cached in its memory. So if you do not see the changes you made to your website and you are sure that you published it successfully, then you should clear the cache of your browser and then reboot your computer.

If you go to your homepage, you will see http://mydomain.com in the address bar. But if you go to a page other than the homepage, what you will see is mydomain.com/myotherpage.php. This is normal. Also, you will not be able to get rid of the php extension.
Last edited by ampie g on 15 Mar 10 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: delinked url

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi Fara

Thank you for your help

I found the reason for most of my trouble was last not my name server crashed or stopped working and I was unaware of the problem, my daughter had the same problem on her PC and we only found out about it today.

This is the reason I couldn't publish my updated web site, I also followed your advice and deleted all my browser history and then I rebooted my computer, I then put my web site url in the address bar and there it was (my updated web site) thank goodness.

I don't mind reentering old urls to start a new history (it was getting too full of rubbish anyway) and it will be simple to do, and something I should do every so often.

Thanks again Fara you are a gem

Larry
Larry Bauge

This topic was started on Feb 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.