Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Traffic Travis Site Warnings.

john20
Trust:

Traffic Travis Site Warnings.

Hi there.

In TT I notice a warning saying that my H1 tag and Page Title are the same. I thought the title and H1 were the same thing anyway?

Also a couple of pages say the H1 tag is too long. How much of a problem is this?

Some URLs are too long. The URL is created when the page title is, is it good practice to have the page title and URL different, and if so would making the URL a long-tail keyword be considered over optimizing?

Finally, is it considered over optimizing to have a keyword in the URL, H1, Title Tag, and META description. I think my content is quality and have only put keywords in if I feel it's necessary to the quality of the article from a readers point of view.

Thanks

John
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi John,

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. In Wordpress, the H1 tag and the Page Title are usually one and the same. In this instance, you may disregard the error.

Some SEO plugins for Wordpress allow you to put in a separate page title from the H1 tag (the H1 tag still being the title of your article), so there's an option to have different H1 tag and page titles. If that is the case, then you should not get this particular error.

Traffic Travis recommends specific lengths for URLs and H1 tags. You may disregard these recommendations, especially when you think the title is good and appealing to users. URLs can be edited/shortened when in the Post Editor so you can make them shorter.

There is no such thing as over-optimizing, but there is keyword stuffing. You are free to use your target keywords on the title, H1 tag, meta tag, etc. as long as it is necessary, and appropriate to do so.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

john20
Trust:
Cool, thanks very much for the clarification.

John

This topic was started on Sep 26, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.