Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Traffic tip and question about squeeze pages

fenway2k
Trust:

Traffic tip and question about squeeze pages

http://www.headnubianincharge.net

OK, if you haven't been keeping score...although I've been a member here for awhile and have even created a successful blog, this affiliate marketing stuff wasn't making any sense to me at all! I have watched these videos and read the lessons over and over again, but it just would not compute in my head. I am shaking my head at all the money I've potentially could have made.

Can you believe that after just 6 months of really trying to make my blog grow, I now average over 150k hits and 5k unique visitors a month? And the ONLY monetization I had on it was Adsense? I don't have any magic traffic formulas or guru guides. To be honest, I cannot afford those things so I just thought about a way that I could quickly gain traffic. This is what I did - I went on facebook and joined every single group that had to do with African American interests, businesses, health, etc., because these were relevant to the theme of my blog. From those groups, I manually sent out friend invites to other members, then once I became their friends, I went through THEIR friends lists and sent out more. I now have over 20k friends on facebook...lol!

I then set up a feedburner that automatically posts any new blog post on my facebook wall, which of course, is sent out to over 20,000 people.

Of course I write all of my posts myself, but I decided to go a step further and add a news category to my blog. I then proceeded to diligently scour the internet for any kind of controversial, celebrity, sports, or breaking news, then I spin those articles and post them. My thinking was that if I can catch a big story early enough, and having those keywords as my blog title, I can gain traffic. This tactic would drive the traffic to my blog, and my other stories and categories would keep them there. So far it seems to be working as the numbers indicate.

I just couldn't get the big picture of affiliate marketing until about a week ago. I started hearing over and over about product creation and making the BIG bucks and that's when I ran across PLR products. A few days of research and I finally had my AHA! moment. Whereas I once thought of these aspects as individual ways to make money, I finally see how all of these lessons tie together to drive customers to your products.

So to make a long story short, I went back yesterday and added clickbank and affiliate links to my blog posts
as well as adding an Amazon widget. I even bought a couple of PLR products and I just finished designing my websites (I am teaching myself web design with Dreamweaver). I have a blog and about 500 articles ready to go (ive since learned the value of article spinning...lol). Now I am stuck on one part and I could use some advice.

How do you set up your opt-in or squeeze page? and how does your autoresponder service play a part in that? I decided to use icontact because I believe they offer more than aweber. Regardless, how exactly do you implement it? I am offering a free report and I purchased a domain name for the report and one for the actual salescopy page.

So what do I do now?

Thank you for your time and consideration

Ithamar Fenerson
http://www.headnubianincharge.net
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Ithamar,

I am not familiar with the iContact autoresponder so I can't give you a step by step guide on how to create an opt-in form. They do have an email marketing guide that can help you get started. We also have a video on what software you can use to create squeze pages.

I hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

fenway2k
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:Hi Ithamar,

I am not familiar with the iContact autoresponder so I can't give you a step by step guide on how to create an opt-in form. They do have an email marketing guide that can help you get started. We also have a video on what software you can use to create squeze pages.

I hope that helps. Have a good day!

Thanks for the helpful links. I use Dreamweaver myself so I have that part of it at least.

If you have any links to videos that show a step-by-step method for actually making squeeze pages, that would help me infinitely....thanks.

This topic was started on Jul 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.