Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Trademark issues on eBay related domain names?

jimtsa
Trust:

Trademark issues on eBay related domain names?

I have this great domain name ebayreview.com (for example)
Do you know if I will get into trouble to use this domain and promote Clickbank products related to ebay?

It will be a waste if I don't use this domain. At the same time I don't want to build this site but cannot sell any eBay related affiliate products. Or eBay will sue me for using their name?

Any view? What should I do with this domain?
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Apr 10 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

jpastorizo
Trust:
It's not an easy call Jimtsa. I mean, they can go after you if they really want to. But they have more problems in their business and will not even give you the time. If they can sue you for $100M and you can pay that amount then Id say they will definitely go after you.

If you search for something on google there are so many affiliate sites that are using company names or even brand names in their domain names. At the end of the day it is your call to not renew the domain or use it and build a whole site with it.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

beablessing
Trust:
Ebay is a registered trademark and eventually you will get into trouble if they will find out. Its not worth the try. Use your effort, time and resources on something else.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

This topic was started on May 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.