Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Stable CMS Platform ... Joomla Vs Wordpress Vs ???

PremiumMember
captain
Trust:

Stable CMS Platform ... Joomla Vs Wordpress Vs ???

Hi Folks

Am wanting to create a large affiliate review site on a large scale that will include cost per sale products and CPA (cost per action) products, and am trying to find something that will be stable, & customizable for a programmer/developer to the layout I am looking for, will also have a CMS (content management system) that can be scalable and remain stable.

I will be looking to outsource the site creation to someone to help build it for me instead of building it myself

I know everyone is runting and raving about WordPress and its definitely one of the best CMS platforms out there, however I don't think it will be able to handle a very large cms site down the line with all its plugins which may conflict with one another etc and outdated plugins as time goes on.

Joomla which I have never used seems to be a good bet, just don't know how scalable and reliable it can be though, any feedback anyone?

Is there anything else out there that I should be looking at?

And is it advisable to outsource such a large project to someone in the Philippines? or to rather get someone in a 1st would country like the US to create such a site professionally

Thanks and look forward to all responses

Morgan :)
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Morgan,

As far as CMSs go, the ones I've seen the most are Joomla (which you mentioned), Drupal ( "http://drupal.org/" ), and Xoops ( http://www.xoops.org ). I'm not familiar with them other than knowing that these are probably the 3 most known ones.

Grady
Last edited by sydney on 20 May 10 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited link

Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jpastorizo
Trust:
Morgan,

From what I know Joomla is the one used by many people for large scale projects. Since this is not an article writing project but rather an programming/development project you can find a lot of quality people not just from my home country the Philippines. You can visit rentacoder.com and check the expertise of programmers there. I believe they have the most qualified sets of programmers in the world.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.