Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Siloing Questions

acetennisclub
Trust:

Siloing Questions

Hi everyone,

Im in the planning stage of getting a website done, providing cleaning services
My keywords (the most searched, only want local) are:

Carpet Cleaners Sydney
Carpet Cleaning Sydney
House Cleaners Sydney
Bond Cleaners Sydney
Bond Cleaning Sydney
House Cleaning Sydney
Domestic Cleaning Sydney
Pressure Cleaning Sydney
Commercial Cleaning Sydney
Office Cleaning Sydney

Q1: I would like to know what you think of my silo structure?

Homepage
Carpet Cleaners Sydney(Silo)
-Carpet Cleaning Sydney (sub cat)
House Cleaners Sydney(Silo)
-Domestic Cleaning Sydney (sub cat)
-Bond Cleaners Sydney (sub sub cat)
-Bond Cleaning Sydney (sub sub sub cat)
Pressure Cleaning Sydney(Silo)
Commercial Cleaning Sydney(Silo)
-Office Cleaning Sydney (sub cat)

Q2: If I had a similar business in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth etc. Can I put a link at the footer and structure it exactly the same as my sydney business, but changing the city? (see below)

My Business Melbourne
My Business Brisbane
My Business Perth

Q3: Could I use the same content on each city but replacing the city, if that make sense?

Thanks
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
acetennisclub wrote:Q1: I would like to know what you think of my silo structure?

The silo structure for me is okay. By the way, you might also want to watch this video from an external site about how you can get more traffic with silos.

acetennisclub wrote:
Q2: If I had a similar business in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth etc. Can I put a link at the footer and structure it exactly the same as my sydney business, but changing the city? (see below)

I've asked our SEO expert regarding this and he said that silos are more effective if there are no outgoing links.

acetennisclub wrote:Q3: Could I use the same content on each city but replacing the city, if that make sense?

Your website will be tagged as duplicate if you'll just copy the contents and replace the city. It is best if you rewrite your articles completely to avoid having a lower rank in search engine results pages.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

acetennisclub
Trust:
Hi mikeantiga,

I really appreciate that you responded to my questions. I started to think no one were going to respond.

"I've asked our SEO expert regarding this and he said that silos are more effective if there are no outgoing links."

What if it's not going to be a outgoing links. But will be silos. What I mean is each city will be a silo and the services will be sub silos?

I watched the link regarding silo structure. If I follow that structure that was shown, the website might not be very user friendly. But can it still be done by using nofollow links when pages are being linked pages that is not the same theme, but will benefit the user?
Is there a limit on how many nofollow links I can have on a page?

Once again thank you for responding mikeantiga

This topic was started on Dec 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.