Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

siloing in xsite pro

unit
Trust:

siloing in xsite pro

Hi everyone,

Looking for a little help here, I'm trying to silo my sites using xsitepro 2? Sounds simple, the software does it for you, right? Yeah right nothing seems to come easy for me, especially the first time, lol.

My questions are:

1) By siloing the site now all the page urls will be different so all my back linking for those pages is gone? is that right?

2) I have to go back and change the whole structure on how I built the site to even silo it correctly? I just kept adding new pages instead of adding sub pages with sub sub pages.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this. I want to do this to two sites (both have well over 40 pages) just need a little guidance on what a proper silo structure would be. Man I really should have used word-press, lol, to late for that now though.

Please PM me if you have some experience with xsitepro.

Thank You,
Unit
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Unit wrote:1) By siloing the site now all the page urls will be different so all my back linking for those pages is gone? is that right?

The permalink of the pages will be the same even if you switched to silo so you will not lose your backlinks :)

Unit wrote:2) I have to go back and change the whole structure on how I built the site to even silo it correctly? I just kept adding new pages instead of adding sub pages with sub sub pages.

You don't need to change the whole structure if you want to add more pages. Just add your new page and use the up and down arrows next to your list of articles and move the page under the parent category then click the the arrow pointing to the right to add it to the category.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Apr 18, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.