Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Should I be putting the word "guide" in my headings?

marymeagan
Trust:

Should I be putting the word "guide" in my headings?

Hi guys

I have tried to follow Marks example and in his video he puts the word "guide" beside each heading (WoW Mining Guide)

I am promoting 5 different products for Alternative Energy (Solar, Wind, HHO, Magnetic, Electric Cars) with 5 reviews, meaning 25 pages plus 5 reviews.

Each page I inserted the word guide (Light Solar Energy Guide) as in Marks web site, but Marks web Site is basically one product with different features, mine is 5 products with different heading keywords.

I have already installed all my articles and added "guide" to each heading, and kind of thought it looked a little funny, but then again I had to choose some keywords with only 2 words because the search volume on some didn't meet the criteria of 3 words with 1500 search volume, so I had to choose 2 words on some, and the word "Guide" fills that in nicely.

Should I go through it again and remove the word "guide" and leave the headings of each article they way I got them from Google keyword research or will the word "guide" not be a problem.

Larry
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Feb 10 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Larry Bauge

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Larry,
Just read your profile 62 yo, congrats and still going strong.
Anyway, back on subject... If you look at Marks site he does use the word GUIDE a lot.
I would suggest though that you break up the links a little bit and have other articles in between that might relate to the main money page article you are trying to target.
That way it breaks it up a little bit.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

marymeagan
Trust:
Thanks Troy

I'll give that a try, maybe 2 pages with the word guide in it and leave the other 3

Larry
Larry Bauge

This topic was started on Feb 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.