Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Searchable database within website

435pjjau251
Trust:

Searchable database within website

I really just need visitors to my site to be able to search a simple database and recieve results. Online databases such as lazybase.com do what i want but i really want the database to be integrated into my website. Any help would be appreciated!
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Wordpress has built in search if you build your site with Wordpress. Maybe look into Wordpress plugins for setting up the database that you want.

Try Joomla if Wordpress doesn't meet your needs.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

Joomla is very well supported in terms of online help and information and also add-on modules and components. Joomla CMS have directory software where the user can edit everything in the site really easily.

Just remember, that something such as Joomla does not magically create a database. Joomla, and most CMS systems rely on PHP and MySQL to work which means that your host must support both. Fortunately, most host these days offer both of these, but you should check.

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.