Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Post title and H1 tags

snikadin
Trust:

Post title and H1 tags

Hello everyone!

I've had an affiliate site for 1 year now and I think I've misunderstood something. I know that it's good to have your keyword in the page title and in the h1 (heading1).

So what I've done up until now is to have the title and the h1 the same. For example the Page title would be

"Stop your dog from laughing at your WP skills"

And the first bit of text in the post (my h1 sentence) would be:

So in my previous theme this was just a tad bit annoying since the Page title was so small and the it wasn't a big problem that the phrase got repeated.

However, now I'm using AffiloTheme and it looks ridiculous when It says the exact same thing twice:

Here goes my text bla bla bla bla

Is there a way to not show the the page title in the post? Or how what are your advice? How would you tackle this problem?

Regards,
snikadin
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
why are you putting your first sentence in H1 tags? thats your problem. the title is by default already in H1 tags, so if you are doing it for seo, you have wasted you time and are making your site look spammy for nothing.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Aug 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.