Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

page width in xsite pro

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

page width in xsite pro

I am using xsite pro and there is something I do not understand. I have been playing around with having or not having a left panel and nav bar on the left. Currently I do not but when I try to play with it, the total area of the left and main panel (no right panel included) exceed the page width. I have a 825x header so I made sure my adsense on the main panel did not exceed the limits for that page (728 of course) and no matter what I make the left panel ,say 50 or 75 or 100 and reduce the main panel proportionately,it always comes out exceeding the width of the header.This i do not understand!! If my main panel is 750,allowing enough room for an adsense 728 ad,and my left panel is 75 or even 50,should it not come out even and certainly not over? any help is very much appreciated.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I figured it out with the help of some other forums.For anyone who needs to know I had not taken into account the "padding" allowed for in xsite pro which is the amount of space in pixels between the text and the termination of the panel you are in as well as I had made some text boxes and did not specifiy under the "properties" that they should be a percent of the total of the panel,not a fixed width.So,these two problems together caused my pages to be a larger dimension than i wanted them to.