Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Need help with squeeze/landing page

lalbins
Trust:

Need help with squeeze/landing page

I have a squeeze page that i am about to promote. This page has a opt in for email address which then gives access for a free report.

When you click the download here it takes you to a 404 not found page. I guess this is likely to the file not being located in the correct place on the server?? Can someone advise how to fix and where to properly place the file on the server and which directory it should be in. Also I am using software powerlink generator to cloak affiliate links but this isn't working. Any advice on how you cloak links within squeeze pages using powerlink would be appreciated

Cheers
faradina
Trust:
lalbins wrote:When you click the download here it takes you to a 404 not found page. I guess this is likely to the file not being located in the correct place on the server?

It is more likely that you did not put in the correct URL for the download link. You need to take note of where you uploaded our report to your server and put the proper web address into the download link. It does not matter where on your hosting server the report is located as long as you know its address.

Rather than use a link generator, why not do php redirects to hide your links instead. There's a lesson on http://www.affilorama.com/site-building ... -redirects about that.

I hope that helps.

This topic was started on Sep 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.