Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Is your domain registered at one place and hosted at another

aidan834
Trust:

Is your domain registered at one place and hosted at another

just curious how many of you have your domain registerd at one place and hosted through another?? if you do, how did you find out the dns info that your domain name is suppose to point at? also how is it working out for you, good? bad? is it better to have your registar also provide hosting?

Jeff
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
aidan834 wrote:just curious how many of you have your domain registerd at one place and hosted through another?? if you do, how did you find out the dns info that your domain name is suppose to point at? also how is it working out for you, good? bad? is it better to have your registar also provide hosting?

Jeff

I host all my sites with one company and register all of my domain names through GoDaddy. It is streamline and makes it a lot easier for me (since I have a few). When you order a hosting package they tell you what you should point the DNS too. You then set the custom nameservers to that in GoDaddy or nameboy or whatever your registrar is.

Adrian,