Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How wide is a website supposed to be?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

How wide is a website supposed to be?

How wide is the site supposed to be? I am playing with xsite pro and when i preview it in internet explorer, the right panel is cut off or the header is not all the way across etc. i am only going up to a maximum width of 550 to 650 pixels.What am i doing wrong? Is it Internet explorer? It seems fine when you look at it in the xsite pro function and it was fine until I added adsense,but the dimensions of the adsense skyscraper i am using is supossedly 120 wide,so it should be ok,I think.Help!!
Support
greg
Trust:
Hi Revimp,

If your page is previewing fine in XSitePro then it sounds like it definately is an adsense issue. Try placing your adsense in a new table or column/row and make sure your adsense isn't pushing a header or image out. 650 is a good width to make your pages, but with issues such as the one you're having your 'width' tag will be ignored. Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble tell me the url & I'll have a look.

8)
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks I'll try to play with the adsense.It is for a site not yet published so you could not see it .