Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How To Add Disclosure Statement To Footer

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:

How To Add Disclosure Statement To Footer

I know there's a new version of Affiloblueprint that makes this easier but I'm still using the old version.
I've read the past threads yet somehow I'm still none the wiser. I know how to put in a privacy policy by going to Appearance - Theme Options then Custom scripts but I've read that to put a disclosure or affiliate statement on the footer of every page you must go to Appearance - Editor. Once there do I click on the Footer(footer.php) in the right column or do I go straight to the stylesheet. What code do I need and where exactly do I have to put it?

Thanks,
Catherine
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
You need to be looking at footer.php.

Look for the code that looks like this:

To add in a privacy policy link just above your copyright, you would change the code to this:

Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:
Thanks Aletta, Yay!! It worked like a charm.

This topic was started on May 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.