Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How long do we leave Adsense off our sites for?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

How long do we leave Adsense off our sites for?

If we are leaving off adsense from our sites at first,when do we go forward with it? After we are in the directories? or after we are indexed by Google etc? Clarification?
PremiumMember
papabear
Trust:
I would say once you see your site indexed by Google revimp.
dynaclick
Trust:
Getting approval from DMOZ may take quite a while. If your topic is interesting and rare to find, you may stand a chance to be reviewed quicker than others. Having submitted to the correct category is also an important criteria otherwise it can drag on longer than necessary.

I've remembered reading alot about directory submission at Site Build It forums, there are people who waited for more than a year to be listed in the directory! It all depends on where you are on the queue really and who(human could be bias sometimes) reviews your site. What i've learnt is as long as you have minimum of 100 unique visitors to your site daily, you can start adding adsense ads. Otherwise you maybe waiting a long time and throwing away those adsense clicks.

hope it helps.

clifford