Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How Do I publish an addon domain

prospermang
Trust:

How Do I publish an addon domain

Hi I have the baby plan from hostgator and am using xsitepro to build my sites, i have already published one and now i want to publish my second one, can anyone tell me how to properly do this in xsitepro as ive been trying to do it and most of the times it publishes over my original domain site and whenever i go to the site via a browser i only see an error message

Index of /

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at theregistryrepair.com Port 80

can anyone please help me resole this problem
wanna solve all your golden retriever problems www.goldenretreivertraining.com
get buff fast with the help of www.musclecreate.com

faradina
Trust:
The add on domain will likely have FTP details which are different from that of your original domain so you need to make sure that you have the correct FTP details in xsitepro for the add on domain.
Also make sure that you are uploading to the correct folder. If you are unsure to which folder you should upload the files for you add on domain, get in touch with your hosting service.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
With Hostgator I think you just need to change your FTP settings in XSP so that it's uploading into your new addon domain instead of your root domain. Everything stays the same except the following:

Where it says:

public_html

change to

public_html/yournewdomain.com

Sing out if that doesn't work!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on Mar 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.