Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

hosting multiple domains in Australia or New Zealand

bjedd
Trust:

hosting multiple domains in Australia or New Zealand

I'm and Aussie living in CA but I'm moving back to Oz in the next year. So I want to build up my business in Australia and New Zealand. I want great local results so I've got some .au and .nz domains. Now, where to host them? I've been told that using an Australian hosting company will help with my SEO. Any suggestions?
webhostinguk
Trust:
Thats right.. Hosting domains in local datacenters gives you SEO benefit. Also Google is coming up with new algorithm where it will now judge the speed of a website loading for a particular website to dtermine its SEO ranking. So if you have clients targetted from Australia, I would strongly recommend you to host them in Aus based datacenter.
bjedd
Trust:
Thanks so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. I've started looking into various hosting companies in Australia. Cheers!

This topic was started on May 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.