Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Hacker Attacks

triangular_plutonium
Trust:

Hacker Attacks

Last week my websites were hacked several times. First 2 times under attack was only my root domain, however now all my addon domains also were hacked. I am using wordpress on my websites and also installed several security plugins, however it didn't help. If it matters - i am using Brainhost's cheap hosting plan.Those hacker attacks become pretty annoying - are there any measures i can take to prevent that?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi triangular_plutonium,

I'm sorry to hear that. I think there are plugins you can use to prevent these on your Wordpress sites. You might also want to look at the folders and sub-folders in your control panel and make sure they have the correct permissions. I think directories need to have a permission of 755 and files need to have permission of 644. Your Wordpress config file need to have a permission of 400.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

triangular_plutonium
Trust:
Cecille, which files and folders do i need to select to set permissions in Cpanel? I have a big list of folders in my file manager so i do not know which folders or files i need to select

And what checkboxes do i need to check to make these permission? I mean there are read, write, execute options for user, group and world

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.