Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Getting errors when attatching links to text in XsitePro

benlauren
Trust:

Getting errors when attatching links to text in XsitePro

I'm having trouble getting some of my links to work. I have no problem with attaching links to images, but when I attach a link to text (second monetisation), sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't even though I am doing the exact same method. I am following Affilorama instructions, eg.

1. Highlight text
2. copy chosen affiliate hoplink
3. insert link
4. go to "other"
5. insert link in URL only. leave the rest blank.
6. I save and I publish.

If I am following the same procedures with every image and link, why does it choose not to work sometimes?
wollowra
Trust:
Hmm, That is strange..it should be the same each time.
You highlight the text, right click it and click insert link.
Then go to other, insert the URL and choose target as BLANK.
then click ok.

Not sure about that one, are you clicking the OK button.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

benlauren
Trust:
Hi Troy

Thanks for your reply. Yes to your question. I found a couple of remedies on xsitepro forum. One didn't work and one did once but not the second time. From what was said on that forum, it is a problem with xsitepro. I have emailed a query to them for help and am waiting for an answer. In the meantime I will just keep adding my pages and images and will go back and put in second monetisation when I find out what the problem is, as it just wastes so much time going over and over. Cheers Lynda

This topic was started on Apr 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.