Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

From html to xhtml and css! please help...

marios521
Trust:

From html to xhtml and css! please help...

Hi all.

I have created my website in simple html using Fronpage 20003.
I found a free template in the internet and I want to use it. (I have a looot of templetes I like).

My problem is I cannot handle this type of webpages.

In my initial website I had create some subpages for the head links, the footer and any side content I wanted to have in all my pages whithout the need to copy pasted it every time, especially when I change a link!!

You can see my site here http://www.poker-scholarship.com

To help you understand... I have created a page whit the head links: Home | Steps | News | Articles | Bonuses | F.A.Q. | Support. Then in every page in my site I go insert >> web component >> included content >> page and I select the small page with the headers. Then when I change something I have the whole website updated at once!

How can I do something like this with xhtml files?
Any tips?
jasondodd
Trust:
If you want to use includes (so you can just have a standard header & footer) I'd recommend you build your site using PHP pages (not as hard as it sounds) if youre interested in learning.

Alternatively you can use the iframe tag to refer to body pages.

XHTML is fine if your editor can handle it, and you feel the need to use XML markup for your site but Id recommend keeping it simple and just using HTML, a language FP2003 can handle!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

marios521
Trust:
JasonDodd wrote:XHTML is fine if your editor can handle it, and you feel the need to use XML markup for your site but Id recommend keeping it simple and just using HTML, a language FP2003 can handle!

The problem is that I have some bery beautiful templates and I want to use them.
How do you handle headers?
If you have 100+ pages?

This topic was started on Aug 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.