Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Creating sites in various languages for different countries?

quantumsolutions
Trust:

Creating sites in various languages for different countries?

Hi,

Newbie here. Gotta say Mark, this is unequivocally the best $30 I have spent on the internet. Thank you so much!! You provide a standard for us all to rise to.

Anyway, quick question: When I get listed with the search engines, will that automatically list me in all of the foreign countries? I am launching a product in Europe and will have to create pages in multiple languages---a logistical challnge to be sure.

In fact, if there is anybody who can offer advice on how to go about creating an e-commercible (able?) site in multiple languages you would be my hero.

Also, wondering about the directory listings. I will have to do this in different directories for all of the countries? Or are there some international directories that automatically register globally? i sure hope so.

Glad to be here, Peace. Susan
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Just have your site linked to from other sites, and your listings will do the rest. You can't tell Google you want special preference for a certain country.
quantumsolutions
Trust:
Okay, thanks. that is good news to me.

And I think I have figured out the logistics for the international thing. My head is just racing with ideas.

Peace, Susan