Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Continously playing background music

435pjjau251
Trust:

Continously playing background music

Does any one know how to make the background music play in the background of a site with out restarting when they move to a different page. I would like to have it continously playing in the background while they are browsing. I know how to get the music in the background, but not continously through the wholesite without restarting. I have tried to look online but i'm not sure what to call it other than backgrond music script.
jethro.aragon
Trust:
Hi 435pJJau251,

I read your post and I got curious. I experimented a little bit and found a clever way to do it. You can try the steps below:

first: create bgmusic.html
<html>
<body>

<bgsound src="songname.mp3" loop=1>

</body>
</html>

second: create mainpage.html ( you could change this to index.html if you decide to make it the home page)
<html>
<body topmargin = 0 leftmargin = 0 >

<iframe src = "mainbody.html" width = 100% height = 100%/>
<iframe src = "bgmusic.html" width = 0% height = 0%/>

</body>
</html>

mainbody.html should be your main contents with the navigation links. This worked on my end and you might want to try. Just do a little bit of tweaking with the codes and you could make it look seamless.

I hope this works for you.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

vqaa
Trust:
Guys dont answer these rosetta stone spammers

This topic was started on Aug 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.