Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Content when building sites?

icj1
Trust:

Content when building sites?

I have a site set up to promote an (one) affiliate product. It is an article based site and I am using PLRPro from which to generate articles, then a highly recommended content spooler elsewhere in the forum.

I'm aiming to keep my homepage is quite simple, furnished with a brief intro in the form of a question to the visitor, then a related article, a "STOP PRESS" link to an affiliate product, and then a sidebar with links to other KW related articles (from the PLR pack). In other words, I see it as an article based site.

I don't really want to, but is there any other criteria which I ought to include ( such as Google ads etc. ) I'm trying to keep the project as simple as possible owing to budget and time constraints.

Thanks, icj
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
If your objective is to sell an affiliate product putting adsense on your site IMO is useless. You work hard to get visitors.... get them to purchase a product... not to click an ad to be taken elsewhere.
icj1
Trust:
Yes, maybe I didn't word my query too well; I was hoping to get verification that I was correct in steering well clear of stuff like Adsense (for instance).

I'm concentrating on an info/content (by way of articles) only site - and ideally want to keep it that way, does this sound sensible? Or, is there anything else, in terms of other types of "IM" content that I should include