Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Category in URL?

easyrider
Trust:

Category in URL?

In Affiloblueprint 3, Mark advises people to include the category name in the URL (ie. http://www.yourdomain.com/category/postname/) - which he did not in AB2.

Is there any reason for this?

I thought that Traffic Travis gave warnings if URLs were too long.
Greg

mark schaaf
Trust:
I don't have any AB stuff except for the free stuff but it could be that it was just missed, even big companies sometimes miss things. as far as what your talking about I always put categories in the url of my web pages but you can't wright a book in it. You have to be creative, I have a page about driving though Italy and the title and beginning of the article is much longer than the url because it is more descriptive but I put in the url driving through italy. Sure I could have put best places to see while driving through italy into the url but like you said it could be too long. The important thing is having things that are in common with eachother.
Mark

lilygreen289
Trust:
I don't have any AB stuff except for the free stuff but it could be that it was just missed, even big companies sometimes miss things. as far as what your talking about I always put categories in the url of my web pages but you can't wright a book in it. You have to be creative, I have a page about driving though Italy and the title and beginning of the article is much longer than the url because it is more descriptive but I put in the url driving through italy. Sure I could have put best places to see while driving through italy into the url but like you said it could be too long. The important thing is having things that are in common with eachother.
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

This topic was started on Jun 03, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.