Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Can't save AffiloTheme Settings

danwan
Trust:

Can't save AffiloTheme Settings

Hi.

I'm running WP 3.0.3
Affilotheme: 3.2.196 (issues happens with 3.1 as well)

1. I reinstalled WP completely
2. I reinstalled the plugin (deleted everything)
3. I have NO plugins activated

The problem is, whenever I try to save a setting within affilotheme. It redirects me to the homepage of the blog. But when I go back to settings, they changes are not saved.

The last thing I was able to save was the code in the Custom Scripts section.
I pasted my exitscript code into that field. So maybe that's causing some problems?

Is that a known problem?
Could someone please test the code?
Where can I delete the stuff in the database / WP files?

Thanks in advance for your help
Dan
danwan
Trust:
Ok, found the error.

It was relate to MOD_Security configuration. Host9 had to disable that for all our sites. :-( strange thing.

Never had that problem on hostgator.

Dan
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
I've never encountered this issue on hosts that I've worked with before. But thanks for sharing anyway! :)

mod_security is used to prevent intrusions in websites such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and SQL injections. However, this Apache module can also interfere with your website's functionalities (like in the case of AffiloTheme.)

To disable mod_security in your hosting account, just add the following code in the root .htaccess file:

SecFilterEngine Off

Click here for more mod_security .htaccess tricks.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Dec 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.